About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The role is in Global Banking IT - Business Analysis and Solutions Team catering to CENTRAL BA Team – Ivision Business Analyst. The function is that of a Business analyst & coordination, working closely with business and on-shore Product Owners/ Project Managers as well as internal development, TCOE, IT security, architecture and other transversal teams.
11th Jun, 2021
Global Banking IT
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To function as a Business Analyst for Central BA Team catering to all applications within the domain but mainly Ivision tool.
To completely manage the implementations with Business and other stakeholders.
Needs to be involved in the requirements gathering, writing of the business requirements/user stories and functional specifications. Needs to liaise up with the development team, TCOE, coordinate UAT and be involved in production implementation. Improve the operational efficiency and cost savings.
The candidate must be able to :
• Clearly understand the client business requirements and provide optimal solutions
• Contribute to the analysis and drafting of business requirements and functional specifications,
• Assist TCoE team for SIT & business users during UAT cycles.
• Should be well versed with the SDLC cycle, Agile methodology, quality and release control processes
• Should have high-level technical know-how to be able to drive technical/security related changes with the IT teams.
Writing and Reviewing BRDs, FSDs, User Stories and working closely with Business and operations stakeholders for requirement analysis for Central Trade BA Team.
Needs to be involved in the requirements gathering, writing of the business requirements, functional specifications and GAP analysis for business requirement. Needs to liaise up with the development team, TCOE, coordinate UAT and be involved in production implementation.
Manage the project SDLC/ Agile governance and QA activities
- Work closely with internal development, TCOE, IT security, architecture and other transversal teams.
- Review overall solution to see the best and optimized fit into the applications old and new.
- Work as a team player for topics spanning across projects, teams.
- Would be responsible for effective effort estimation and costing.
- Test strategy definition.
- Qualification and User acceptance test tracking.
- Support to Users, Development and Qualification teams, Deployment activities ( set up parameters implementation , scheduling process definition, environment management, go live contribution and follow up, analysis of incident raised during Qualification and UAT ,...).
- Would act as functional support for production issues / queries as required.
- Functional and applicative training.
- Functional documentation maintenance
- Quality conscious and appropriate documentation complying with SDLC standards and agile project management practises.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
The candidate should have strong functional skills and excellent communication skills.
The job requires domain knowledge as under:
1. In depth knowledge on Trade Finance (Letter of Credit, Documentary Collections, Guarantees).
2. Knowledge on Risk and Compliance related to Banking and Trade Finance.
3. Good understanding of the Trade Finance Swift Messages.
Besides, the following skills are also expected:
1. Clear organization and ability to manage projects
2. Service-oriented attitude and strong commitment to client satisfaction
3. Interpersonal skills, ability to consolidate action plans and report progress status
4. Capable of adapting to a new environment and to work under pressure towards tight deadlines
5. Analytical, lateral thinker and result-oriented person
6. Team player demonstrating self-initiative when necessary
7. Excellent verbal and written communication
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Around 3 - 5 years overall BFSI domain.
• 2-3 year’s minimum experience of Trade finance products.
• Good Knowledge of Oracle Database (PL/SQL Queries), 3-tier architecture, Web application server.
• Graduate from a top University
- B.E./B.Tech, Graduates, Post Graduate
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to manage a project
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Certification in Trade Finance (Good to have)
Working knowledge of Shell commands/batches, Linux/Unix commands