The Business Analyst holds a dual role. On the one hand, it’s a business support role of the main application AceTP used by the operational teams and on the other hand the role is all about enhancing the current system. This entails regulatory changes and improvements requested by the operational teams.
Principal Duties and Reponsibilities of the Business Analyst
- Participate actively in the Business Analyst Teams meetings and take over team tasks
- Application and software enhancements (Detection and management of Defects and Change Request tickets)
- Including: definition of the ticket, transforming requirements into specifications, validation of Specs with central teams, prioritisation, testing of development, validation,
- Contribute actively to the writing of the BRDs, analysis and recommendation of future solutions
- Approve implementations into production as required and integrate new applications
- Present new functionalities and/or changes to the users and train them, if required
- Manage the user administration on business applications (locally and centrally). Supervision of access rights and password
- Manage user roles and profiles, maintain overview and ensure the users are set-up with the correct rights
- In accordance with the agreed project and enhancement priority plan, initiate and monitor all assigned developments and related projects.
- Ensure that the necessary documentation is available. If required drafts product documentations and supports product validations
- Manage and setup new client end to end testing. Ensure smooth onboarding /offboarding of clients
- Reporting of IT incidents to ORM
- Daily tasks in addition to the above responsibilities as back-up in case of absences
- Swift NACK handling
- Error message handling
- Troubleshooting with BA/IT of other interfaces
- Day to day operational maintenance and support services for the operational software and business applications such as AceTP, Webmax, etc.
- First contact for operational issues related to securities operation applications or software
- Securities accounts opening or modifications
- If requested organise and provide history data
Contacts Outside Department/Unit/Section
a) Internal: BNP local IT, Accounting, Operations, Product, Sales and Relationship Management, Operational Risk,
b) External: all relevant departments within the BNP Paribas Group, SIX SIS, SIX x-clear, SIX Swiss Exchange, Clients, Hard & Software suppliers
(Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Knowledge of the financial markets, securities, cash, funds, custody market and activity (a plus)
- Detailed knowledge of the securities, custody (Corporate Actions) and cash operations (a plus)
- Detailed and specific SWIFT knowledge
- Ability and flexibility to think creatively and to adapt along the way
- Knowledge of systems and PC applications
- Awareness of operational risks
- Sense of integrity and commitment to good team work
- Organised and structured way of working and thinking
- Good and open communication
- Good skills in written and spoken English (German is a plus)
- Enjoy to propose new solutions and to contribute to different projects
Why join us ?
BNP Paribas in Switzerland is a bank of reference active in Geneva, Zurich and Lugano. It is a major European partner for companies, as well as institutional and private clients. Joining BNP Paribas will give you the opportunity to take part in an authentic company project, in which innovation and career management act as driving forces to help talents emerge, express themselves fully and open up to career opportunities on an international level, by integrating a group that stands as a leader within the Eurozone. Please visit us at BNP Paribas Suisse.
In a changing world, diversity, equity and inclusion are key values for the well-being and the good performance of teams. At BNP Paribas, we wish to welcome and retain all talents, without any distinction: together we will build the finance of tomorrow, innovative, responsible and sustainable.
Finally, we insist on the particular importance of having our employees act daily in a spirit of ethical and professional responsibility.
NB: all terminologies apply in both the feminine and the masculine.