About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The IRP (Investment Performance Reporting) Department within BNP Paribas Securities Services offers solutions for the analysis of performance and risk in portfolios. IRP is established in different countries with a main location in Paris. IT teams should reinforce for the growth of the business. The program RISE with the recasting of the information system of IRP in exploiting innovation tracks offered by the Big Data as a strategic goal. Golden Data & Reporting (‘IGD’) is a sub-stream of the RISE program and is in charge of the implementation and the pooling of products with high added value for IRP. Calculation Engine (ICE) is the custom implementation of B-One, a vendor product to do all performance calculations per industry, regulatory & accounting standards.
Business Line / Function:
Lead Business Analyst / Project Manager
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Business Analyst - responsibilities include collaborating with Business users and IT to capture and document business requirements across applications in IRP-RISE platform, manage client migrations/onboarding into the new platform, proposing and driving strategic/innovative enhancements related to Investment Performance Measurement & Reporting processes primarily. Designing test scenarios and running UATs and NRTs in conjunction with the stakeholders, educating stakeholders using demos/workshops are other key responsibilities.
In addition to the above, provide Level-3 support to Operations and Support teams for their daily business activities.
- Individual contributor role (leading to management responsibilities in the future)
- Collaborate with Business users and document the Business requirements (BRD) and/or Operational Process documentation
- Design test scenarios/cases & perform User Acceptance Test (UAT) and Non-Regression Test (NRT)
- Perform due-diligence/gap-analysis for new client onboarding/migration
- Envision, plan & execute new client onboarding/migration in Prod after conducting adequate testing in lower environment
- Collaborate with developers to review the FRDs and validate solution implementation
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system to resolve defects
- Project management responsibilities to plan and manage the schedule, project deliverables and to manage the stakeholders
- Communicating with Global IT & Operations
- Understanding the data-flow, tools within the environment, and the required integrations
- Be an SME in areas of Investment Performance Measurement/Reporting and mentor/train less experienced resources in the team
- On time closures of project deliverables with good quality
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Work Based Competencies Required:
- Minimum experience of 8+ years - with not less than 6 years relevant experience as a ‘Business Analyst’ in Capital Market Domain spanning all phases of SDLC (Requirements/Solutioning (Design)/Testing and Project Management)
- Domain knowledge in Asset Management, Capital Markets and a good understanding of Investment Performance Measurement/Reporting
- Knowledge of Trade Life Cycle and Investment Accounting and reporting will be considered a plus
- Should have proven experience in business analysis/development for any of the middle office and back office applications used in asset and fund administration domain
- Thorough knowledge in SDLC process and good understanding of all the project phases
- Hands-on experience in Agile methodology will be considered a plus
- Strong Database/SQL knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and BA tools.
Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Strong analytical, logical and problem-solving skills
- Inquisitiveness and Innovative mindset
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences of different sizes and levels of seniority.
- Must be self-motivated and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Must be team-oriented and show ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of defined responsibilities and areas of expertise (comfort zone).
- Multitasking ability.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Post-Graduation (like MBA) with specialization in Finance (or)
- Engineering degree with considerable experience as an IT BA (or)
- Operations SME with considerable experience as an IT BA
- Total Experience (TEX) = 7 – 10 years (and)
- Relevant Experience (REX) = 5 – 7 years
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
CIPM qualification will be an added advantage (though not mandatory requirement)