Role: Building Surveyor, Property Management Business Line
Permanent, full time role
BNP Paribas Real Estate, one of the leading international real estate providers, offers its clients a comprehensive range of services that span the entire real estate lifecycle: property development, transaction, consulting, valuation, property management and investment management.
With 4,500 employees, BNP Paribas Real Estate supports owners, leaseholders, investors and communities in their projects thanks to its local expertise through 30 countries.
For more information please visit: Real estate investment and services worldwide BNP Paribas Real Estate and Forward thinking Real Estate BNP Paribas Real Estate Ireland
We are seeking to recruit a Building Surveyor to join our Property Management Business Line.
The ideal candidate is a highly confident and motivated professional, with excellent communications skills and a keen interest in the residential and commercial real estate market. Reporting to the Director Workplace Solutions & Strategic Design Consultancy, he/she will provide assistance to the division ensuring prompt and effective support to our clients and colleagues as appropriate.
Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing prompt and effective high quality Building Consultancy services to the Workspace Solutions & Strategic Design Consultancy division on project management work, building evaluations, space audits and feasibility studies;
- Assisting the team with building surveys, schedule of conditions reports and dilapidation reports for lease agreements, cost planning and due diligence reviews;
- Instructing and liaising with contractors over building maintenance related issues and security inspections;
- Working with the Director on planning audit reviews, energy audits, capital works analysis reports for sinking funds and life cycle analysis as appropriate;
Qualifications, experience and soft skills required:
- Applications from suitably qualified candidates (BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or similar) is a pre-requisite. Applications from candidates who are chartered (RICS/SCSI) are preferred, although not an essential requirement;
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience working in a similar role;
- Capable of working to tight deadlines and under own initiative; proven ability of being able to work independently and to show drive and integrity, as well as work effectively as part of a team;
- Team player with excellent formal and informal communications skills and interpersonal skills. It is an essential requirement of the role that the successful candidate is fluent in English, both spoken and written;
- Proven ability to effectively manage a high workload, multitask and prioritise work;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to follow instructions, respect authority and excellent reporting skills and follow up are a must;
- Excellent customer focus is essential to excel in this role;
- Excellent attention to detail and pro-active attitude is an indispensable skill required for this role;
- Expert use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to communicate and integrate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Please note that successful candidates are registered or eligible to be registered under the provisions of the Building Control Act 2007.
We thank all candidates interested in working for BNPPRE, however only candidates selected to commence our recruitment process will be contacted.
BNPPRE Ireland does not accept any speculative applications received via recruitment agency.
BNP Paribas Real Estate Ireland is an equal opportunity employer.