We are recruiting for an Assistant Building Manager who will be part of a team who manage an impressive asset in Sough. The successful candidate will have experience in building management, and a track record of providing exceptional customer service.
The Future Works provides 99,835 sq ft of Grade A office space over 8 storeys with a café at ground floor level. Building amenities include rooftop gardens, flexible workspace, a double height reception, cycle facilities, luxury changing room facilities, and a secure underground car park.
The Future Works is extremely well-connected with London Paddington a 15-minute train journey, and is also served by the new Elizabeth line. A dedicated building app allows contactless access from street to desk, with smart functions including air quality monitoring, community social wall, and event bookings.
The building has been designed with sustainability and first class facilities in mind. Benefitting from BREEAM Excellent, Wired Score Platinum, and providing high quality contemporary office space.
- Assist in the preparation, monitoring and reconciliation of service charge budget
- Check and approve expenditure against service charge budget
- Provide best in class customer service to internal and external customer base
- Maintain regular and effective communication with clients and tenants
- Supervise site based staff, ensuring all people related policies and procedures are followed
- Maintain regular and effective communication with internal colleagues in Property Management, support functions and the wider Real Estate business
- Monitor works conducted/service provided by suppliers
- Audit and inspect supplier delivery
- Measure and report supplier performance against agreed SLAs
- Manage suppliers to ensure effective, safe and compliant delivery of all M&E related services, including: life safety systems, vertical transportation equipment and public health systems
- Procure goods and services, following procedures and policies
- Contribute to the preparation of management reports for a variety of stakeholders and attend management meetings are required
- Undertake regular building inspections, complete reports and initiate/progress any required works
- Assist the Building Manager to ensure compliance with all current statutory legislation in respect of health and safety and the environment
- Assist the Building Manager to manage local environmental activities in order to meet statutory obligations and achieve/retain industry standards e.g. ISO14001 working with sustainability team
- Ensure compliance with all internal procedures and policies – e.g. Procurement, Finance, Compliance, HR
- Ensure security and emergency procedures are robust and adhered to at all times, taking an active role in the event of emergency situations
- May have budget and cost control responsibilities
- Is proactive in building relationships with internal clients and courteous and responsive to all clients (internal and external)
- Completes own work under minimal supervision/guidance
- Managing Safely (accredited by IOSH) is desirable
The benefits package will include 25 days annual leave (with the option of purchasing up to 5 additional days via flex benefits), private medical cover for self, long term disability insurance, interest free season ticket loan, private GP service, group income protection, eye care vouchers and pension. You will also be eligible to participate in the Company’s bonus scheme.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme.