About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Bank of the West is affiliated with BNP Paribas since 1981. In 2001, holding company BancWest Corporation became a wholly-owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas. Today, Bank of the West has customers in all 50 states and operates more than 600 branch banking and commercial office locations in 22 states And its part of global bank BNP Paribas.
Technical Lead (Big Data)
15th April 2019
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Bank of the West is seeking a Technical Lead in Data Hub / Big Data Technology. Data Hub Technical lead will be responsible for designing, implementing, and deploying high-performance, custom applications at scale on Hadoop
- Strong knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, or R
- Experience with major big data technologies and frameworks including but not limited to Hadoop, Pig, Hive, HBase, HDFS, Spark Oozie, Mahout, Flume, ZooKeeper, MongoDB, Parquet, Atlas, Kafka, Nifi, Solr, Ranger, Ambari, Zookeeper, Oozie, Knox and Cassandra
- Experience in client-driven large-scale implementation of Data Hub projects.
- Experience with big data solutions developed in large cloud computing infrastructures (such as Amazon Web Services)
- Technical team leading and team management experience, deep understanding of Agile (Scrum).
- Strong experience in applications design, development and maintenance
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and refactoring concepts
- Strong technical team leadership, mentorship and collaboration.
- Practical expertise in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problems analysis
- Solid technical expertise & troubleshooting skills
- Possess expertise in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in handling multiple projects, cross functional team and off shore teams.
- Data Science and Analytics experience is a plus (Machine Learning, Recommendation Engines, Search Personalization)
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Engineering in Computer Science or related field (Electronics, IT etc)
- 8+ years of technical experience including 4+ years of in a combination of relevant Big Data/Analytics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years