At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Under general direction, responsible for evaluating and analyzing complex information to support projects and/or the overall management of the Equipment Finance Division ('EFD"). Develops and documents business requirements and/or solutions and leads efforts to solve problems and issues related to EFD operations. Ensures all Bank and department policies, procedures, and service level agreements are adhered to by coordinating and/or completing reviews of booked transactions. Provides recommendations to EFD management regarding operational efficiency and effectiveness of risk controls. Develops pipeline and management reporting, and documents business proposals to offer solutions for issues related to department or group operations. Also obtains and analyzes data/metrics to support overall management of department and to support projects, as needed. As necessary, may support the EFD by assisting in the review/administration of commercial transactions. This is the senior staff level position within Equipment Finance Divisions organization and requires expert level understanding of the end to end commercial lease process and complex funding structures, as well as knowledge of department systems, policies, procedures, and service level agreements.
Essential Job Functions
- Researches and identifies process improvement opportunities and makes recommendations to management.
- Advises and leads in the planning and implementation of projects and strategic initiatives for the Business Unit/Department.
- Responsible for the effective communication to all business partners and users to ensure critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation.
- Drives business team members to define business needs through utilization of effective elicitation techniques.
- Oversees the examination of current business processes and makes recommendations for improving quality and/or increasing efficiency within business unit operations.
- Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences, and ensures consistent approaches, data interpretation, and results measurements are employed. Primary liaison with business partners, development team, and technology.
- Acts as the "Subject Matter Expert" (SME) and provides business knowledge as needed.
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provides business knowledge.
- Uses established knowledge and experience to mitigate risk without sacrificing quality.
- Considers all potential risk before taking action and escalates issues to management as appropriate.
- May assist EFD staff as necessary in the preparation/review of lease/loan packages when necessary.
- Uses knowledge and experience to mitigate risk and maintain quality.
- Provides pipeline and management reporting for workflow management and to evaluate resource allocations.
- May perform audits to ensure accuracy of transactions and validity of risk controls.
Other Job Duties
- Guides other staff in drafting and approving non-standard or complex language, amendments and addendums, resolves tax and documentation issues should they arise.
- Provides training to less senior team members as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience with reviewing, approving and releasing complex disbursement fund structures to the vendors/dealers/discounters/brokers.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
Equipment Finance Division
- Ensure proper handling/application of sales and use tax and UCC filings.
- Responsible for releasing the transaction for booking to the BOW accounting system.
- Oversees and backs up peer review of paperwork in order to meet quick funding and booking turnaround time.
- Has authority to execute documents on behalf of Bank of the West and release contracts for booking into the back end system.
- Has the ability to perform the due diligence on the secondary markets transactions.
- Acts as the expert on handling and application of the sales and use tax and UCC filing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.