About the job
- Trader and Sales Assistant team aims to accompany the continuous enhancement of the quality of service provided to our clients, notably post-trade services. Its role is to support traders and sales in their daily tasks (pre-trade to post-trade processes), in the most timely and efficient manner. The trading and Sales assistant team is the key contact for external clients but also for other BNPP functions
Your Main Activities Are
- There are two distinct roles within the Bond responsibilities, which work in conjunction with each other
- Trade Bookings
- Responsible for ensuring that all Cash Bond trades are booked correctly and in a timely manner by
- Enriching the trade details on behalf of the Marketer into the relevant Front Office booking system (STAR / MARTINI / KONDOR)
- Processing the necessary Block / Splits either by the Electronic messaging systems or by manual input direct into the Front Office systems
- Ensure all Booking queries are addressed and escalated to the Marketer/Trader where appropriate
- Ensuring that all new accounts identified during the Trade booking processes are requested for set up via MAOS with the correct settlement and confirmation details and within the Client timeliness requirements
- Ensure that no trades are left on the Technical Counterparty codes longer than 48 hours
- Ensure all Client Static Data is kept up to date
- By passing any new or updated information to the Static Data / NewFunds / On-boarding or SSI teams
- By performing ad-hoc reconciliations of our records against those of the Client
- Trade Confirmations
- Ensure all trades are confirmed to the relevant Client on Trade Date
- Actively chase Clients for their Trade allocations to ensure that trades are not on the Technical counterparty codes for longer than 48 hours
- Actively monitor the various exception browsers within Optitrade Confirm and taking the necessary corrective actions
- Ensure any Manual Fax confirmation requirements are communicated to the Middle Office Trade Support team immediately
- Ensure any information relating to new accounts identified in the Trade Booking / Confirmation process is passed to the onboarding / NewFunds team in a timely manner
- Make end of working day calls to Key Clients to address any outstanding issues
- Ensure all trades for pre-determined list of Clients are pre-matched in the market for settlement purposes. Taking any necessary remedial actions to guarantee settlement where possible
- Enhance and dispatch the Daily Failed / Pending trade reports for a pre-determined list of Key Clients and respond to any consequent questions and issues raised by the Clients
- Conduct and Development
- Ethical conduct and decisions are expected in the role
- A conscientious attitude to clients, work and BNP Paribas
- Respecting fundamental risk concepts. Always consider risk in daily activities and abide by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities and Guidelines
- Understand the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risk of transactions and relationships
- Direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework
- Attend relevant training courses to maintain appropriate regulatory, products and technical skills
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Management, Economics or relevant area
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening in English (mandatory)
- A structured, methodical and organized approach to work
- Entrepreneurial, energetic, positive attitude and commercial mindset
- Ability to solve a number of problems simultaneously is essential, as well as the capacity to work under considerable pressure
- Lateral thinker identifying useful information and navigating obstacles and barriers
- Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever-changing environment
About the Team
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks
- Global Markets encompasses multiple global business lines: G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.