Who we are
Bnp Paribas Securities Services is the biggest depositary bank in Italy. It offers administrative, securities depository and custody services and operates throughout the investment cycle providing post-trading solutions to institutional investors, financial intermediaries and issuers. The Italian BNP Paribas Securities Services pole has a capital and value added services of EUR 812 billion in custody, EUR 148 billion of administered assets, over 20 million of processed transactions, 550 managed funds and over 500 people. The Bank is present in 34 countries all over the world, it offers a global coverage in 100 markets and solutions for all types of financial products.
Business Overview of BNP Paribas Securities Services – Management and Liquidity Services (CMLS) Italy Business Development Manager
The CMLS Italy Business Development Manager will be responsible for all business development matters related to cash management and liquidity services provided to the clients of BPSS in the location. This will include the development of the business and the monitoring of the current activity performed by the business line in the location. In addition, she/he will support the Local Cash Product Manager for the developments of new products and for ensuring prompt understanding of market trends and regulatory topics, with special attention to compliance with Regulation. The position will report locally to the Head of FI Client Line Italy, and globally to the Head of Business Development - CMLS.
Primary Responsibilities and related actions
- Be in charge of CMLS business development in Italy
- Is the undisputed local interlocutor for all business development topics related to cash services and client liquidity
- Ensures a sound and profitable development of the business line within the location
- Is the responsible for adherence to the risk and conduct policies of BP2S. In particular, he will ensures that policy on rates is applied
- Monitor Net Interest Earnings as well as interest margin
- Define the country strategy in terms of business development, in line with the global business development strategy.
- Foster inbound and outbound sales of CMLS products
- Defines the local marketing plan in coordination with the Global Head of Business Development, the Global Head of Liquidity and Local Product Manager
- Drive local sales in their marketing efforts (socialisation, identification of prospects, clients visits)
- Ensures that the sales team have a fair command of CMLS products, services and policies
- Answer to RfP and RfI with respect to Cash products in conjunction with the Cash Product Manager
- Monitor balance sheet liabilities
- With primary responsibility for management of deposit liabilities, she/he will liaise with Treasury, Finance, Client Development, and other local functional partners to ensure optimal return on the BP2S balance sheet. With a deep understanding of asset/liability management practices, she/he will provide guidance to ensure spread, balances and regulatory ratios are aligned to meet business and franchise objectives and will implement specific strategies to achieve goals.
- In particular, he will implement in the country Smart Cash approach, as to attract operational cash.
- Contribute to the development of the product franchise in support of the Product Manager
- Contributes to the Local product plan in coordination with the Global head of Solutions
- Generates ideas in order to improve and enlarge the product offer
- Contributes to product and regulatory intelligence (competition features, pricing policy, etc)
- Contributes to the definition of the pricing strategy
- Is the backup to the Product Manager
What we expect from you
- Solid and demonstrable experience of Cash Management products
- Good command of Asset and Liabilities Management principles, Basel III ratios
- Proven track record of relevant industry experience in a leading financial institution
- Sales experience and credibility
- Hands-on approach
- Strong communication skills along with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to assess risks
- Ability to work transversally across locations
- Assertive with the ability to deliver results
- Fluent in Italian, English (written/spoken)
- Nice to have -> Investment Management Certificate (IMC) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- At least 5 years of experience in the world of payments, preferably in new service or product development roles
Contract type and Remuneration
According to Experience
We kindly ask the candidates to register their profile and submit their resume through the BNP Paribas site at the following address: https://www.bnpparibas.it/it/posizioni-aperte/
In order to better enhance the CV inserted, the application submitted for this announcement could be taken into consideration also for other vacancies, in line with the academic background and professional path achieved so far.
This announcement is addressed to any gender (D.Lgs. 198/2006, Codice Pari Opportunità)