WHO WE ARE
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a globally recognised leader offering financial solutions to corporate and institutional clients. With more than 33.000 people in 56 countries across EMEA, Asia-Pacific and the Americas, we offer solutions tailored to all our clients across capital markets, financing, treasury and financial advisory.
Within BNP Paribas’ CIB division, Debt Markets EMEA gathers a group of over 200 loan (structured and vanilla) and bond (high grade and high yield) professionals located in London, Paris, Milan, Frankfurt, Brussels, Amsterdam, Madrid and Lisbon, covering the bank’s core clients in Europe across all economic sectors. Debt Markets EMEA consists of three main teams: (i) Leveraged Finance Capital Markets (LFCM), (ii) Loan Capital Markets (LCM) and (iii) Investment Grade Debt Capital Markets (IG DCM).
Together, these teams are responsible for the origination, structuring, underwriting and execution of LBO and Corporate Leveraged financings, investment grade bond and loan financings to large corporates, and integrated financing solutions to midcap and sub-investment grade corporate clients. The Structuring and Execution Group supports all these activities.
The Italian team consists of over 20 Debt Markets professionals, covering all the above activities.
YOUR FUTURE JOB
You would be joining the Structuring and Execution Group team based in Milan and report to the local coordinator. The Structuring & Execution Group is a central component of Debt Markets supporting senior originators across a wide range of debt products on a pan-European basis.
You will be primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day execution of live deals (including High Yield Bonds and Term Loan B), leading internal processes as well as supporting the outbound marketing activity of the senior originators. Additionally, you will be responsible for the production of materials for internal approval committees, syndication purposes and marketing efforts. You will also provide instructions and learning opportunities to more junior team members.
- Lead pitch processes from start to finish, in cooperation with various teams across the bank (Coverage, M&A, ECM, Syndicate)
- Interact well with external clients (including debt issuers and private equity clients) and internal stakeholders
- Build and maintain internal and external networks
- Maintain high degree of market awareness and identify new business opportunities
- Manage the day-to-day execution of live deals
- Have a solid understanding of the transaction process from end-to-end
- Give support and guidance to more junior members of the Structuring and Execution Group
- Have a sound understanding of the internal mechanisms of the organisation
- Ensure efficient execution of the business and transactions
- Interact directly with clients and with other advisors (lawyers, co-advisors, etc.) at an appropriate level
- Engage with senior marketers on both commercial and technical aspects of transactions
- Ensure that all regulatory and commercial training is completed on time and refreshed as required
- Responsible for adherence to the Bank’s corporate policies, to its internal Compliance regulations as well as to appropriate external Regulators
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- Education: a degree from a leading university with an excellent academic record
- Language proficiency: fluent in English and Italian (preferred), another EU language would be beneficial
- IT skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Bloomberg
- Essential knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience leading High Yield Bond and Term Loan B transactions
- Show outstanding analytical skills
- Adept at receiving and synthesizing information
- Prove advanced credit / risk analysis skills
- Behavioral skills:
- Strong team player
- Demonstrate a willingness to solve problems and improve processes
- Proven ability to manage more junior resources (anticipates, coordinates, delegates, organises, motivates and provides feedbacks)
- 3-5 years' experience within a front office Investment Banking environment is essential, ideally within Acquisition and Leveraged Finance
BY CHOOSING US, YOU GET
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings
- A permanent contract and an attractive package
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard
We kindly ask the candidates to register their profile and submit their resume through the BNP Paribas site at the following address: http://www.bnpparibas.it/it/posizioni-aperte/
This announcement is addressed to any gender (D.Lgs. 198/2006, Codice Pari Opportunità)