BNP Paribas Cardif provides insurance solutions on the Nordic markets through banks, finance and insurance companies. The objective for the BNP Paribas Cardif Nordic group is to create long-term relationships with its partners, and the business model optimizes each step in the value chain to create and continuously increase customer and partner value.
BNP Paribas Cardif is now searching for a Senior Network Engineer to our Nordic organization.
We launched several key projects to transform our company by digitalizing services provided to our customers and automating our internal processes. We offer our employees the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Provide top-level network architecture, design and operational support for a wide variety of networking technologies, including routing and switching, optical networks, wireless networks, and voice over IP. The incumbent will be a self-motivated learner and take initiative in learning a complex network environment that enable both administration and research.
You will be responsible for building, configuring, troubleshooting and technical analysis of our network in Nordic within Infrastructure team and our senior consultant assistance.
- Install, upgrade, maintain and troubleshoot network devices (optical equipment, switches, routers, firewalls, VPN concentrators, wireless access points, etc.)
- Perform analysis of the networking problems as well as provide highest-level crisis management and redundancy solutions.
- Design, document and maintain Infrastructure inventory and information systems descriptions, maps and related repositories.
- Analyze Information system situation and propose evolutions options.
Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods; then ensure their implementation.
- As part of your responsibility, we expect you to engage in continuous learning to stay up-to-date on new and emerging technologies. This includes obtaining vendor-related certifications (professional level certification preferred – CCIE, CCNP, CCDE, or similar), to enhance professional development and our corporate standing with our vendors.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 6 years’ experience as a network engineer.
- Experience with LAN / WAN topologies including MPLS, IPsec and point-to-point private lines.
- Work with various technologies and industry protocols including Cisco Firepower, Cisco UCCE.
- Extensive knowledge in Local Area and Wide Area network design, configuration, installation, evaluation, and problem resolution and project management.
- Technical knowledge of data and voice network services such as wireless networks, VPN servers and firewalls, VoIP, configuration management, IP address management and network monitoring
- MPLS and BGP VPNs.
- Cisco professional level certification (CCIE, CCNP, CCDE) highly desirable
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor, multi-supplier network issues (WAN, LAN)
Good to have:
The position is open in our Gothenburg office.
We offer a work in a global and expansive company within the Nordic region, therefore with 4 countries and 4 insurance markets as your daily workplace.
International experience in the group is one of the possible career evolutions.
We offer exercise contribution and Benify’s portal for benefits.
We offer various different technical training as required.
If you have any questions about the service, please contact IT Manager, Matt Jalström, matt.jalstrom [at] bnpparibascardif (dot) com.
The selection process is ongoing, so do not wait to submit your application. You are welcome with your application by 27th of January 2020.
Primary Location: SE-O-GöteborgJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 5 yearsSchedule: Full-time