Big Data Software Engineer – m/f/x
Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
Do you want to work in small multidisciplinary teams and work creatively alongside your colleagues from different business lines and departments, in other words, to work in Agile mode?
This is where it happens!
Your future job
As a software engineer in our tribe “Datahub”, you’re responsible to centralize, synthesize, and render understandable for a non-technical audience, the solutions described by our technical experts. Also, you will support the product owner to make sure these solutions match the business needs and will help create transparency towards our stakeholders. In your squad you are also responsible for the successful implementation of applicable processes and governance to be put in place and this in a cross-entity context within the larger group. To allow you to perform this function in the best conditions, you are supported by your squad and in particular by the squad Product Owner and Scrum Master.
Your main challenges:
- Actively participating to the squad ceremonies
- Documenting processes in place and performing a gap analysis against the ‘to be’ state, taking into account the sensitivities and complexities of a corporate organisation. Performing the needed alignment to ensure the right processes and governance is applied to the scope of our product. Coordinating with stakeholders to arrive to an efficient organisation of said processes.
- Understanding & coaching others on the needs and policies to which our products need to comply, ranging from a security, IT governance & data governance point of view. Identifying and highlighting risks & issues.
- Documenting and synthesizing solutions as proposed by our technical experts. Support the Product Owner to match the needs with these potential solutions and monitor closely all contributor roadmaps.
- Building a deep knowledge on our Tribe applications and a good understanding of their ecosystem.
Highlight your strengths
- You have 3 to 6 years of working experience, of which a minimum of 3 years of linking business and IT.
- You have a good understanding of the challenges & opportunities with regards to data, especially in the context of financial services.
- You are able to grasp complex technical concepts and translate them to a non-technical audience.
- You are a quick learner who understands the organizational and technical context of the work you do
- You have an open and flexible mindset
- You have experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive documentation & presentations and are capable of adapting to the target audience..
- You speak and write both French (interactions with BNP Paribas Group) & English fluently. Having a good knowledge of Dutch is a plus
- You have a strong knowledge of the Agile principles and the Scrum Framework. You live the agile principles
- You have a knowledge of ITIL and know how to contribute to the installation of efficient processes in complex organizations.
- You are able to understand ‘development speak’, with having development experience as a plus (Python, Scala, Java, SQL)
- You show affinity with concepts related to data warehousing, data lake, data governance, ETL, Business Intelligence, Batch data processing & Stream data processing, cloud solutions, networking principles, IAM & DevOps. Have a feel for the needs of analytics and AI experts
- Knowledge/familiarity with of any of the following is a plus: Kafka, Flink, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Collibra, Ab Initio, ETL, RDBMS, IBM Watson, IBM cloud, Autosys, Splunk, ELK-stack, Cassandra, Tableau
Your future workplace
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Thanks to the daily commitment of our more than 12,000 employees, BNP Paribas Fortis aims to be a responsible and sustainable leader and the preferred partner of our clients over the long term. For IT it means developing ingenious banking technologies to continuously offer them tailored solutions—at every key moment in their lives.
Our IT teams work at the centre of Brussels, just a few 100m from the central station, the building has a company restaurant and the bank has a flexible homeworking policy.
Want to know more?
, Web & Digital Foundations Cluster Product Owner.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- The possibility of working part time (80 or 90 per cent).
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!