- Support the ensure and quality of the reporting towards the elaboration of the Group Consolidated Financial Statements.
- Collaborate and support the reporting sites for the preparation of the closings, implementing and monitoring transversal controls at global level, investigating complex transactions from financial / reporting perspective, analyzing the data reported by the sites through packages, and synthetizing the results of the controls and the performance through various indicators.
- In parallel, the team member will be the Subject Matter Expert on a particular Reporting topic (i.e. Consolidation, Cost of Risk, Equities, Regulatory Reporting, French GAAP, Tax, Analytical Review, Projects, etc).
You will collaborate on supporting the entities in the preparation of the quarterly closings:
- Participate in the preclosing meetings with the Regional Reporting Teams (including the Head of Reporting and Regional Management).
- Advice the reporting sites about the correct presentation / accounting treatments of specific transactions.
- Provide support to the sites on understanding controls at package level or solving blocking controls when needed.
- Inform the sites about news on Group norms, standards and reporting evolutions.
- Ensure that the open issues are properly followedup during the inter-closings as well as support on defining action plans
- Analysis on all the events with impact on the Group Consolidated Financial Statements:
- Discuss with the reporting sites about particular transactions / operations that have a material impact in the Financial Statements.
- Understand the issues and their implications on the Group Consolidated Financial Statements.
- Identify events that might need an adjustment at consolidated level (i.e. adjustments of homogenization, elimination of internal results, reclassifications for presentation purposes, etc.).
- Summarize and synthetize the key events in order to report them to the direct manager.
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME):
- The team member is responsible for understanding and developing a particular transversal topic related to Financial / Regulatory Reporting.
- The team member must be in continuous contact with Group Finance in order to keep the process updated and harmonized with Group expectations.
During the closing
- Collection and analysis of the Financial and Regulatory Statements:
- Ensure that the reporting sites are publishing the financial and regulatory information respecting the Group deadlines.
- Ask for corrections when the information provided through the packages is not accurate or wrongly reported.
- Perform an analytical review on the data reported in order to have a global view on the material balances and variations.
- Liaise with the sites to get the necessary economic background and details aiming to understand the material figures and key quarterly / annual variations.
- Coordination between regions and Group / Regulators / Auditors to comply with regulatory or adhoc requests.
- The transversal tasks within a particular role of SME have to respect the deadlines and steps defined by the Group.
- He / she is responsible of implementing the controls and / or taking the necessary actions to ensure the achievement of the task/s.
- Independently of the role of entity coordinator, the SME is responsible of informing the reporting sites about the instructions of the tasks, the results of the controls as well as the actions to be taken over the reporting packages or particular tools / systems.
- Production of Key Performance Indicators, synthesis and debriefing:
- Participate on the elaboration of the KPIs that measure the performance of the reporting sites. It implies to summarize and quantify the results from the work performed by the regions, provide an issue log, participate on followup meetings and collaborate on defining action plans on open issues.
- Synthetize the key issues encountered during the quarterly closing and report the direct manager as well as top management accordingly.
- Participation to the Transformation of the Function:
- Based on the projects and the continuous transformation of the function, the team member will participate on the implementation of the needed action plans / changes that the organization might require.
- The team member must be open to changes, diversity and new projects as well as keen to resilience.
- Trainings to the sites / platforms:
- Due to the continuous changes in the standards, regulations and organization, there might be a need of development for the entities that implies trainings to the sites / regional platforms.
- The trainings are not only related to accounting / financing / regulations but also about skills and organization.
Primary Location: ES-MD-MadridJob Type: TraineeJob: FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROLEducation Level: Short-cycle tertiary educationExperience Level: BeginnerSchedule: Full-time