If you are searching for opportunities to develop your career in the field of Corporate and Institutional Banking, challenges to boost your future career path, then BNP Paribas is the right place for you.
Joining BNP Paribas means joining a Group that's constantly transforming itself in order to adapt to our changing society and to build the world of tomorrow. Applying to work at BNP Paribas is not just about applying for a job, it's about giving meaning to your work and passion and desire to go deep in the finance world! And to meet these challenges, we need skills and competencies at all levels.
BNP Paribas is looking to build a Level 2 IT Engineer team that will provide Level 2 monitoring and administration of the Backup infrastructure supporting BNP entities across Europe during business and non-business hours.
The Backup Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Monitoring and management of the alarms, first level of intervention based on the instructions, checking the good function of the infrastructure for which you are responsible, changes in the production environments
- Management of the entire backup infrastructure
- Secure the quality of the services according to the Service Contracts signed
- Level 2 support: Management and resolution of L2 incidents, interventions and follow-up on incidents, enhancement of the incident reports and knowledge base
- Write procedures, enhance existing incident reports
- Identify recurrent incidents and open problem tickets
- Client Relationship: communicate to the Client changes, incidents and provide summary about service quality, in agreement with the Service Contract
- Stay in touch as individual and as a team to evolutions of the technologies in your perimeter, follow the functional and organizational changes, consider new procedures for handling your perimeter
What qualities do we look for?
As a Backup IT Engineer, we expect very good knowledge in the following areas:
- Skilled in using at least one of the following tools: IBM TSM, Dell DataDomain, CommVault, Veritas
- Good level of knowledge related to OS and virtualization
- Network engineering knowledge
- Basic storage infrastructure knowledge
- Skilled with all related backup infrastructure tasks, including but not limiting to:
- Backup using IBM TSM
- Installing and configuring a TSM TDP agent
- Implementation of a TDP MSSQL
- Implementing / Configuring TSM for LAN-free backup
- Configuring CommVault for LAN-free backup
- Declaring a standard LAN client on CommVault
- Implementing / Configuring / Reallocating datamovers (TSM + OS)
- Decommissioning of a TSM / CommVault client
- Edit a TSM client
- Analyze / diagnose malfunctions
Previous Support Engineer experience:
- Register, troubleshoot and provide solution for L2 incidents
- Register, troubleshoot and provide solution for L3 incidents
- Follow-up open incidents in the agreed SLAs
- Open tickets with third party suppliers
- Follow-up incidents with third party suppliers
- Escalate towards upper support level in case of impossibility to solve the incidents
Very good communication skills in English (oral and written); knowledge of French is a plus.
General Skills we expect:
- Be able to provide updates to existing documentation and procedures
- Very good communication skills and capacity to provide feedback
- Teamwork – we work together and not as individuals
- Be proactive
Why choose BNP Paribas?
- Progressive career development opportunities of a large multi-national bank
- Talent Development opportunities within BNP Paribas Group
- Employee culture that is focused on creating a great place to work
- Multinational business environment
- On-the-job training and networking opportunities