IHC Axiom SL Configuration Specialist
ITG – Fresh – North America - IHC Program
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
The IT Transversal Team is part of the Information Technology Group which works simultaneously on a wide range of projects arising from business, strategic initiatives, and regulatory changes and reengineering of existing applications to improve functionality and efficiency.
Transversal IT - IHC
Business Line / Function:
NAR Regulatory Reporting
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
As a member of the IT Regulatory Reporting team, the Configuration Specialist will analyse business and functional requirements and will work with Solution architect, project manager and other configuration specialists in order to deliver the design documents and the technical specification documents and also build and implement the described solutions within Axiom Controller View.
The Configuration Specialist will be part of the project team in charge of implementing multiple Axiom related projects, and will work closely with the Finance Project Office and Axiom SL team on implementing new reports required by regulatory agencies (Fed, OSFI).
The optimal candidate will be one with 5+ years of programming or data warehousing experience using SQL, Oracle and an object-oriented programming language, as well as very strong data modelling skills and the ability to understand business terms that need to be translated into actual MDRM mapping.
· Production of detailed technical Design documents to match business Requirements
· Understanding the technical specifications prepared by other team members, ensuring consistency with functional requirements and overall Architecture
· Developing Regulatory Reports within Controller View according to technical/functional specifications
· Creation of Data Sources, Data Models, Shorthands, Portfolios, Aggregations, Free Form and Tabular Report and workflows using AXIOM Controller View tool based on Regulatory Report Requirements.
· Assisting the Solution Architect and Project Manager in reviewing design documents and performing code review for other team members.
· Migration of Axiom components from one environment to another.
· Performing Unit testing and Supporting SIT, UAT cycles.
· Supporting Business Analysts and end-users when requested
· Contribute on behalf of Regulatory Reporting IT to any need of Reconciliation cross work stream (FinReg vs CCAR vs Risk vs Liquidity and Funding)
· Supporting the Application Production Support (APS) team for production deployments
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Excellent communication skills in both oral and written forms
· Experienced in working with business users interpreting business specifications and generating rules / logic for application configuration.
· Ability to support stress during regulatory reports filing periods.
· Ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
· Possesses understanding in U.S. risk and regulatory requirements, business analysis, financial reporting, and financial reporting software.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· IT Professional with 5+ years of experience in Global financial institutions working in large-scale IT/Finance projects.
· Hands-on experience in Axiom implementation including analysis, design, configuring, and testing a plus
· Strong Oracle PL-SQL background along with understanding of banking data attributes.
· Strong understanding in Object Oriented programming languages is preferred ( e.g. Python, C++, Objective-C, Smalltalk, Delphi, Java, Perl, Ruby and PHP)
· Unix/Linux operating system experience
· Knowledge of Data partitioning
· Experience in Data warehousing projects would be preferable
· Experienced in Business Analytics.
· Experienced in working in large matrix teams.
· Knowledge of CMMI is a big plus
collaborate / Teamwork
to detail / rigor
skills - oral & written
develop others & improve their skills
inspire others & generate people's commitment
At least 5
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Certification in AxiomSL Controller
View product is optional but highly preferred.