About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Global Market Operations also known as COCE (Client Operating Center of Excellence) is further divided into 4 departments i.e. Trade Processing & Support, PnL, Client Management & Change Management. Product Control in the wider market outside of BNP is Middle Office. Product Control consists of streams like Documentation & Reconciliation, Trade Support, P&L & Trading Portfolio & controls. Product Control teams are in regular contact with Market Front Office, Regional Back Office’s and Regional Finance & other support teams for their BAU.
Assistant Vice President
Business Line / Function:
COCE Product Control
Head of Team
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The Trade Support team looks after the Electronic Execution Middle Office Operations.
The resource will need to work in partnership with our clients, sales and trading to ensure that trades are allocated, confirmed, and processed in a timely manner. Provide support to our front office equities trading desks and also act as a point of contact for internal front/back-office enquiries.
- A comprehensive understanding of securities
- Front to back trade lifecycle experience
- Demonstrate awareness and procedures to mitigate operational risk, escalate appropriately
- Trade amendments and booking reversals of trades
- Liaison between Front Office and all supporting functions
- Work in partnership with our clients, sales and trading to ensure that trades are allocated, confirmed, and processed in a timely manner
- Provide support for front office equities trading desks.
- Work closely with technical teams to improve trader experience.
- Focused work with zero tolerance controls and strict deadlines.
- Ability to build good relationship within the team and Front Office trading and management
- Strong appreciation and value of STP and of IT solutions to reduce processing and improve controls
- Ability to multitask, to be flexible re tasks and accommodate varying levels of volume and complexity without deterioration in task quality
- Act as point of contact for internal middle/back-office enquiries.
- Direct relationships with the front office / back office colleagues.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across the globe in Front, Back and Middle Office
- Strong working and open relationship with local management
Candidate should be flexible to work in any of the following shifts basis job roles assigned to:-
- 05:00am to 2:00pm
- 06:30am to 3:30pm
- 09:30am to 6:00pm
- 12:30pm to 9:30pm
- 02:00pm to 11:00pm
- 06:00pm to 03:00am
- 07:00pm to 04:00am
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- At least 10 years in an operational support position.
- IB Equity Operations experience preferred, essentially in Trade Support functions
- Experience working within algorithmic trading highly beneficial.
- Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel, and the ability to learn multiple programs quickly
- High level of product knowledge in Equities
- High level of knowledge of middle office and back office systems
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Innovative - constantly identifying gaps in process and to seek improvements
- Ethics and Control must have good work ethics and risk / control mind set.
- Communications ability to communicate effectively within the team and Front Office
- Collaboration ability to work well with others especially in day to day resolution and escalation of issues
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Any Bachelor Degree - Non engineering
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)