Support the function and team of Data Solutions for Product Referential setups and maintenance in response to internal client needs. The team is constantly evolving its delivery offering to ensure more straight-through processing and implement the principal of one golden source for key referential data.
The Data Solutions / Product Referential team is part of CIB Americas Operations, which looks to satisfy the requirements related to principles for effective enterprise data aggregation and reporting, and is intended to support evolving regulatory requirements. It includes:
- Creation, Update, Management of all Instruments and Static data in product referential systems and their subscribers for Equity, Derivative and Fixed Income products.
- Acts as a key contributor toward supporting robust and high quality referential data support of the Global Markets businesses, oversight over the production cycle by integrating tasks and process controls views. Ensure the data are correct and accurate and provide enhancements and solutions to allow more efficient processes and reconciliations.
- Data Strategy which looks to defining and ensuring adoption of golden source, capturing and maintaining product data in firm systems, supporting front, middle and back office clients, as well as documenting procedures and processes for regional and global team coverage
- Referential Data Management whose role is to define, enforce usage and ensure the highest quality for the referential data sets (including, but not limited to, 3rd party, securities, foreign exchange, rates, product, business line, legal entities) necessary for the production of US regulatory reporting in collaboration with global teams
- Support Head of Data Solutions in running projects as well as oversight monitoring
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
- Team leadership – driving the team to high performance and responsiveness in daily requests
- Creation, Update, Management of all Instruments and Static data in all Booking, Market Data and Settlement systems for Equity Derivative and Fixed Income products.
- Ensure the data are correct and accurate and provide enhancements and solutions to allow quicker reconciliations.
- Books and Portfolios creation and maintenance
- Support internal clients for all issues related to Product Referential data maintenance
- Able to nurture and develop relationships with stakeholders in Front, Middle, and Back Office
- Define tasks, team workload, missions & objectives for each team member
- Daily controls of Local Market Data (Closing Prices, Rates, Fixings & Volatility) used for P&L & Risk production
- Monitor & Maintain corporate action events within internal and external systems impacted and Communicate to internal clients (FO, MO, BO, Client Service and etc...) the details of the events
- Coordinate and execute the announcements and auctions of US Treasury (When Issued) securities
- Participate to local and global projects related to process improvements and / or systems migrations
- Ensure appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
- Preparation of KPI and team metric materials
- Preparation of materials as requested for CIB Americas Knowledge sharing purposes
- Coordination of senior meetings, organization/preparation of agendas, minutes and follow-up as required
- Support of / involvement in running projects as well as oversight monitoring
- Coordination of business commentaries – weekly, monthly, ad-hoc and supporting similar commentaries required by certain CIB Americas teams
- Will be assigned ad-hoc projects during the course of the year, often of a transversal nature across CIB, with requirements for presentation type deliverables
- Support for 17a5 reporting, various audits (supplying materials and reporting), headcount reporting, in liaison with ITO business management team
- Coordinate, monitor, track and collect deliverables for management reporting
- Oversight of BCP and BAU across CIB perimeter to ensure adherence to policy
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 10 + years in the Financial Services industry
- Sophisticated interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, comfortable interacting at C-level
- Adept at managing competing deliverables, prioritizing successfully to deliver workload on schedule
- Flexible and quick to change gears / cover many subjects for various Business Partners
- Excellent MS Office skills – including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Self-driven but strong at ensuring directives are delivered in a transparent fashion
- Working toward or holds advanced degree in area including: Financial Products, Economics, Finance, Business, Accounting, Marketing or similar
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.