The Trade & Treasury Middle Office primary mission is to provide transactional, administrative, and technical support to the Trade & Treasury Solutions Business Lines in furtherance of their traditional trade, trade finance, supply chain finance, lending, cash management and treasury products. The T&TS Transaction Support team within the Middle Office supports the supply chain finance, cash management and non-supply chain funding businesses of the business lines.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
- Working independently in managing a diverse portfolio of Supply Chain Finance customers’ transaction flows
- Administration of the Bank of the West Portfolio
- Reviewing monthly BOTW position reports and reconciliations
- Reviewing and forwarding quarterly BOTW obligor report
- Following status of past dues and hold monthly past due meetings with BOTW
- Front Office system Registration and booking of facilities after closing in compliance with credit approval
- Reviewing credit approval, credit agreements, facility letters and/or term sheets and summarizing all pertinent material relating to administration of the accounts
- Ensuring proper daily administration of booked facilities and requested transactions using spreadsheets and banking platforms
- Analyzing transaction requests in detail
- Ensuring utilizations are within approved limits
- Verifying the client’s signature(s) on the transaction request.
- Preparing instructions for facility utilizations
- Supporting the department with reporting, investigations, and special projects
- Supporting customers on specific needs/questions
- Account support and balance monitoring
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree required in a quantitative discipline such as Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or Math
- Working knowledge of AML, OFAC Compliance regulations
- Familiarity with commercial lending (Supply Chain Finance) accounting methods
- Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics, Math
- Understanding of accounting principles and financial statement/structure analysis
- Good interpersonal skills, working easily in a team environment but capable of leading some initiatives independently with manager guidance
- Excellent organization, multitasking, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Knowledge of Banking products a plus
- At least 5 years of Middle Office and/or Operations supporting Supply Chain Finance, Treasury and/or Commercial Lending business lines or equivalent
- At least 3 years working in a supply chain finance automated environment, specifically with a bank proprietary automated system
- Understanding of supply chain finance credit agreements
- Understanding of regulatory compliance risks related to Supply Chain Finance
- Multi-lingual skills-Spanish a plus
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):N/A
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.