As a Fund Accountant, the individual is responsible for the accounting services provided by BNP Paribas Financial Services, LLC. He/she is responsible for the preparation of the Hedge Fund Valuations, including security valuation, fee computation and accruals, and income allocations and statements to investors. In addition, this individual will be involved in the preparation of the annual audit reports, perform as liaison with auditors and tax preparers for the funds under administration.
- Securities valuation and reconciliation of balances with prime broker
- Calculate and accrue for fund expenses including Management and Performance Fees
- Calculate NAV’s for each Fund
- Prepare the following accounting reports:
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement
- Statement of Partners or Investors Capital
- Balance Sheet Support
- Performance Returns
- Process share, unit-based, or partnership related accounting in accordance with offering memorandums
- Maintain funds’ books and records
- Ensure correct application of GAAP or IFRS
- Prepare Funds year-end Financial Statements
- Liaise with Auditors and Tax Preparers for Funds
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 7+ Years of Fund Accounting Experience
- Ability to possibly work on US holidays and Shifts ranging between 7 am to 6 pm
- All applications within the standard MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work in a team while being a key contributor
- Ability to produce quality output under challenging deadlines
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Accounting Firm experience
- Strong knowledge of the mechanics of financial instruments
- Knowledge of hedge funds
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Quick learner with a positive attitude, able to work efficiently under pressure while meeting deadlines
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.