About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 71 countries, with approximately 199,000 employees. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Business line/Function :
The Nearshore department is a Cross Border team located in Mumbai and fully dedicated to the APAC region. The Nearshore department is under creation and going through different projects of on-boarding new services and implementing a new accounting and reporting system (OFS). The platform is design to service entities across APAC including:
· BNPP Group legal entities in North, South East Asia and Australia.
· The operational scope covers Financial & Management Accounting & Reporting, Credit Risk Reporting and contribution to the Liquidity Reporting.
Financial & Management Accounting – Assistant Manager
Finance Shared Services -SMS
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The main responsibility of the Subject Matter Stream (SMS) is to ensure the accuracy of the production of the financial and management accounting ledgers through a new BNP Paribas tool (OFS). Understanding the activities, the tools, the data flow and processes, as per the Target operating model is key to the function. Ensuring these processes are followed and duly documented, putting in place the adequate level of controls.
- Be responsible for the production of the Financial and Management accounting for a business unit
- Performing daily control checks to ensure there are no anomalies in ledger and investigate any issues caused due to system or manual error
- Measure and book the required adjustments in accounting to ensure completion and accuracy of the General ledger.
- Perform intragroup reconciliation
- Manage the cost of risk processing
- Perform the operating systems to ledger reconciliation
- Ensure the accuracy of the Financial and Management accounting ledgers via a strong level 1 control
- IFRS accounting for month end close
- Create, maintain and follow the process documentations as per the target operating model
- Understand the new ledger (OFS) processes and usage of OFS tools from the financial and management accounting, controls and reporting perspective
- Testing feeds and processes before entities go live on the new systems (OFS)
Be responsible for the static data of the entity/business unit
Support the production teams during parallel run and go-live to ensure that the OFS tools and processes are followed as per the target operating model
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Capability to work and interact with various people of different expertise and level.
- Client focus
- Management skills
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Expertise in accounting of banking products/activity and on IFRS
- Knowledge of financial reporting processes in Banking and Capital Market industry
- Knowledge of Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) activities and products
- Good communication (oral and written), organisation and documentation skills.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
At least 6 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Good communication skills including interactions with international counterparties
· Very high comfort with working with numbers: rigor, analytical mind-set, ability to interpret and explain numbers
· Strong sense of organization, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
· Hard working
· Team spirit
· Curiosity and open to other cultures