About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
ISPL Compliance Hub as a department was established in November 2013 at ISPL in Mumbai, India with the hire of a department head. The ISPL team provides support on compliance administrative level tasks to BNPP compliance teams globally.
The scope of work includes offshoring administrative and Level I support to functions such as:
- Training Support
- Capital Markets Surveillance
- Employee Personal Account Dealing
- Electronic Communications Surveillance
- Offshoring/Outsourcing Coordination
- Projects & System Support
- KYC Support
- AML Post transaction monitoring Support
ISPL Compliance Hub
Part of ISPL Compliance hub, the resource performs periodical testing checks on both the Compliance APAC function and APAC Business lines to ensure the efficacy of BNP Paribas APAC Compliance control framework across all Compliance Domains with a focus on Financial Security. This role aims as acting as an extension of the CCRM team: the Compliance Control and Risk Management Officer APAC (Control testing - ISPL) is in charge of contributing to the execution of the GCP framework by performing periodical control testing on both the Compliance APAC function and APAC Business lines, in order to assess the effectiveness of the regional Compliance control framework.
The Officer benefits from close guidance and support from the Regional Domain Leads of the CCRM team who are responsible for the definition of the control methodology and accountable for the adequate execution of the control.
- Perform Compliance control testing, predominantly on Financial Security and non FS domains, based on Group Compliance Control Plans and Independent Testing Guidelines. Ensure adequate adaptation and rollout across a given perimeter.
- Escalate issues and exceptions items noted during the controls
- Ensure close collaboration with the Domain Leads in the CCRM team who are responsible for the definition of the control methodology and accountable for the adequate execution of the controls.
- Adept knowledge and understanding of AML transaction monitoring & Sanction review process. Knowledge in other Compliance Domains would be also appreciated
- Vigilant to perform independent testing on controls
- Prepare high quality reports (control results) and publish them to the relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain detailed and organised documentation of work products
- Able to meet the targeted timeline’s for completing the testing and report
- Communicate with stakeholders on enquiry for testing related queries, present identified issues and coordinate to implement a plan of corrective actions
- Decision making in case of escalating
- Remain current on Group policies and industry rules, regulations and best practices to help ensure that the testing program meets Group and regulatory standards
- Comply with procedure and other relevant policies/ procedures of BNP Paribas group and regulations, and industry best practice
- Collaborate and work with team members and relevant stakeholders
- Be supportive and adoptive to changes of procedures and scope of work
- Assist in knowledge sharing among peers.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- At least 3 years’ experience in banking /financial industry or an AML/ Sanctions role.
- Sound understanding of Compliance, risk and control matters and subject matter expertise related to AML and sanction screenings.
- Familiar with international AML regulations and sanctions programs.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within team
- Must evidence an attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature
- Able to move to and from different clients (and therefore different requirement scenarios), reports and projects throughout the day, which requires a high degree of flexibility and strong prioritization skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and preferably with some experience of dealing in multiple countries in Asia Pacific.
- Have extensive research skills to aid in establishing and/or validating required information and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills and eager to learn
- An ability to write concisely and clearly; and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Compliance / Audit / Control / Risk Management experience
- ACAMS & Post graduation or equivalent Certifications is preferable.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution is desirable.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications - ACAMS equivalent Certifications is preferable but not essential.