About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
Business Line / Function:
Global Compliance Hubs – OPTI
Head – ISPL Compliance Hub
Associate / Sr. Associate
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- Direct contribution to the Bank’s operational permanent control framework.
- Perform ongoing AML/CTF transaction monitoring on reports generated via various data sources. The responsibility shall also include monitoring of external triggers, Unusual Activity Reports (UARS) generated within organization.
- Review, analyze and share final analysis report in accordance with predefined rules and relevant procedures.
- Obtain and save report analysis results and relevant material for record keeping purposes.
- Complete report analysis within the indicative target timelines without compromising the quality and completeness of the analysis.
- Collaborate and work in tandem with team members of India Branch FS team and relevant stakeholders including reaching out to business teams for clarification.
- Meet the QA requirements and the expected report disposal volume. Notify the Head of India FS in a timely manner when backlog is foreseeable.
- Support in creation and maintenance of a standard operating procedure
- Be supportive and adoptive to changes of procedures and scope of works
- Comply with all relevant policies and procedures of BNPP as well as relevant AML/CFT/Sanctions laws and regulations; and keep updated on latest trends of AML/CFT/Sanctions laws and regulations, and industry best practice.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- At least 3 years’ experience in banking /financial industry or handling AML transaction monitoring and investigation.
- A good understanding of corporate banking and trade finance transactions.
- Familiar with international AML regulations and sanctions.
- Good communication skills and eager to learn.
- Proactive and alert to AML risks.
- Analytical and with an investigative eye for accurate details and red-flag situations.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Ability to write concisely and clearly; and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes.
- Must evidence an attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature.
Must have strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and preferably with some experience of dealing in multiple countries in APAC region.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution (e.g. ICA or ACAMS). Post-graduate degree or law degree may be a plus
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Choose an item.
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)