About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. Global Markets encompasses multiple global business lines: G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
GM - Prime Finance - PB Trading support
Front office Support
Business Line / Function:
FO Support - Prime Trading
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Synthetic Equity Trading provides a quick and convenient way to gain delta one index, sector and customized basket exposure. Clients can choose to access widely recognized benchmarks through listed, index, sector swaps, and single stock or customize a basket based on specific constituents and weightings.Synthetic Equity Trading provides a quick and convenient way to gain delta one index, sector and customized basket exposure. Clients can choose to access widely recognized benchmarks through listed, index, sector swaps, and single stock or customize a basket based on specific constituents and weightings.
- Working closely with the Prime Trading desk to learn the various parts of the Prime Services business at BNP Paribas, developing an understanding of the front to back operations of the business.
- Assist Prime Trading desk with risk monitoring tasks at end of day and perform P&L analysis for the trading book.
- Perform trade reconciliations, trade bookings tasks for the trading desk.
- Engage with different teams (IT, Operations, Finance) within BNP Paribas to work on projects to improve business profitability and efficiency
- Develop tactical solutions using Python/VBA to automate manual trading tasks.
- Build automated tools for the desk to monitor optimization trading opportunities from news or market events (e.g. corporate actions)
- Analyze and develop delta one optimization ideas for the Prime Trading book.
- Primarily dealing with Swaps, Index and custom baskets
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Degree in Finance, Business or Banking
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a related role (Prime Finance, Stock loan, Equity Financing, Delta1)
- Strong programming or computer skills is a must (VBA, Python)
- Willing to work for APAC hours (early IST)
- Strong product knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as a strong team player
- Effective communication skills - written and verbal
- Excellent attention to details and good problem solving skills
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor; Ability to work under pressure
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Good Project Management Skill
Good Analytical Mindset
Good IT Knowledge (e.g., excel, VBA, Phython, data-analysis)
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 year
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)