About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
Global Trade Finance Operations(GTFO), an entity within BNP Paribas India Solutions, is a back office operations platform which caters to processing of Traditional Trade Transactions for various entities of the BNP Paribas group worldwide.
Associate / Asst. Manager
APAC Organization and Support
Business Line / Function:
CIB / Global Trade Finance Operations
Head – Regional Organization and Support
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Provide a brief description of the overall purpose of the position, why this position exists and how it will contribute in achieving the team’s goal.
To manage various optimization initiatives and offshoring projects for the platform, to be a facilitator between the Onshore and Offshore stakeholders for smooth operations and to monitor and report the SLA/KPI performance of the Back Office to the Onshore.
PERFORMANCE MONITORING, ANALYSIS AND REPORTING:
I. Performance Monitoring:
1. Analyse performance measures and report in a timely fashion with a focus and depth relevant to the client stakeholders:
- Most of the indicators will be provided by the supplier (IBM Workflow Management)
- Some data will be maintained and monitored directly by the Organization & Support team (e.g.: the users' access rights monitoring files, Error Log)
2. Liaise with BNPP Middle Offices for Performance Management issues
3. Make Process, Organization and system optimization recommendations
4. Contribute to service quality improvement
5. Chairing of SLA meetings with client sites
- Enforce SLA commitments and report
6. Jurisdiction Management
7. ISO Certification and Management
II. Claims Management:
1. Perform Root Cause analysis and coordinate for correction. Manage accounting entries corrections in the accounting tool (NESS).
2. Monitor the effectiveness of Action Plan
3. Tool used: FileNet, Atlas 2, Error Logs, Business Objects
4. Related SOPs: Customer Claims Processing, Processing of an error identified at BO level, Regularization / Reconciliation
III. Performance Reporting:
1. Responsible for coordinating/reporting on all BNPP MIS reports / Governance
decks and be SPOC for IBM WFM team.
I. Run Stabilization and Optimization:
1. Ensure maintenance of Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) section-wise (imports / Exports / product Transverse / Support SOPs) and inform the Head - Organization and Support
2. Propose enhancements and quick wins (process, organization or system) and supervise alignment on best practices
3. Follow up and challenge partner's continuous improvement initiatives (FMEA:
Failure Model Error Analysis)
4. Act as a local PMO to ensure follow-up of stabilization and run optimization activities and monitor possible dependencies with transition activities.
5. Conduct any project impacting BO organization.
II. Transition activities:
1. Co-ordinate locally transition project office activities (offer a consolidated view of GTFO transition progress, survey dependencies within and between PUSH and PULL activities for organization and system topics) and report to the Transition manager
2. Represent the Trade Finance in the Operation Center Set-up work stream for all aspects.
3. Facilitate complementary investigation onshore.
4. Support Partner's transition action plan, conclusions and implementation
5. Propose actions to secure ramp up phases and lead data migration and business rehearsal activities at GTFO level
6. Contribute to SOPs documentation prior to knowledge cascade
7. Transfer knowledge of Territories specificities internally with other team members.
To contribute to the IT and Transversal projects from time to time.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Change Management
- Strategic vision
- Decision-making skills
- Organizational skills
- Risk Management
- Analytical skills
- Trade Finance Knowledge
- MS Office skills
- Ability to deliver / Results driven
- Inspiring other
- Client focus
- Taking initiative
- Ability to summarize
- Creativity and innovation
- Active listening
- Knowledge sharing
- Building effective relationship
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
Candidate should be flexible to work in APAC Shifts (within 6.30 am - 9.30 pm)
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Certificate for Documentary Credit Specialist(CDCS) and Certificate for Specialists in Demand Guarantees (CSDG) certification an added advantage.
1. Candidate should posses a minimum of 3-5 years experience in Trade Finance.
2. Knowledge and Skill in LC related process/products, Bank Guarantees and Collections.
3. Knowledge in Compliance (Sanctions & Embargoes & AML) Process
4. Good Knowledge and Skill in MS Office (specifically MS Excel, Power point and
5. Good Communication skills
6. Candidate should be flexible to work in APAC Shifts (within 6.30 am - 9.30 pm)