Job Description - Product Controller
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Global Market Operations also known as COCE (Client Operating Center of Excellence) is further divided into 4 departments i.e. Trade Processing & Support, PnL, Client Management & Change Management. Product Control in the wider market outside of BNP is Middle Office. Product Control consists of streams like Documentation & Reconciliation, Trade Support, P&L & Trading Portfolio & controls. Product Control teams are in regular contact with Market Front Office, Regional Back Office’s and Regional Finance & other support teams for their BAU.
Associate level 1 / Senior Associate
Product control - Stream 6
Business Line / Function:
COCE Product Control / PnL
Head of Team
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- Provide a daily Economic, Step Reval and Risk Based PNL to each desk and to the Bank’s management.
- Ensure that the PNL is calculated from the reference positions and that these positions are real and checked.
- Escalate any unusual P&L to the desk and management that may indicate a wrong position or transaction in the FO system.
- Run all the required controls on key elements of the PNL
- Document all exceptional PNL moves and adjustments for Management.
- Validate the official Economical P&L figures and the related P&L explains (market move, new deals, etc) and investigate the discrepancies with the Front Office Predict.
- Review the P&L Explain in depth and correct wrong effect if no technical solution can be found to overturn the misallocation.
- When possible, challenge and enhance existing processes.
- Submit the P&L for Sign-off to the Traders.
- Report, Comment and Validate the P&Ls into the Official Reporting tool
- Ensure appropriate escalation to management as soon as an issue is identified.
- Ensure high levels of ethics and professionalism are maintained both personally and in the team.
- Participate to global projects related to MO or P&L processes improvements.
- Participate to local projects related to systems migrations.
- Participate to the improvement of the productivity within the team by proposing initiatives
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Strong Equity products knowledge including its models and valuations
- Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel
- Communication Skills
- Decision Making
- Adaptability & Change Management:
- Ability to develop and leverage networks
- Ability to develop and adapt a process
- Result oriented approach
- Collaborate with remote teams
Specific Qualifications (if required)
2 – 4 years of working experience in related banking and finance fields.
University graduates, with postgraduate degree and professional qualifications preferred.
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 2 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)