Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Following an FCA review, issues were identified in regards to the control of cancelled, amended & late trades. This resulted in the development of MOCA, a database for all Cancel/Amends & Late trades performed in the trading systems. To monitor the MOCA system a Securities Control Team was created. The team are also responsible for the monitoring of Technical Counterparty policy globally.
The team work closely (but not exclusively) with the Anti-Fraud team, ATP as well as Trading, Sales and Support teams in EMEA
Associate Level 1 / Senior Associate
COCE- Product Control
Business Line / Function:
Trading portfolio & Controls - AnC
Head of the Team
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To ensure that both FCA and internal control requirements are met on a daily basis.
Scope: EMEA Trading Site for Cancel and Amends, EMEA Sales or Trader location for Late trades, Globally for Technical Counterparties Control (Unallocated and Block Cancels).
- Monitor the actions of Trading/Marketing and Support teams to assess if potential fraud is possible.
- To ensure orderly documentation is kept on a daily basis.
- Daily reporting to Anti-Fraud team to further investigation on all suspicious events.
- To be pro-active and answer enquires from different areas.
- Dealing with high volume mails.
- Monthly statistical reporting and KPI management.
- Collating, checking and analyzing spreadsheet data.
- Ensuring procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with.
- Identifying if processes are not working as they should and advising on changes to be made.
- Identifying any gaps in controls and make practical recommendations.
- Monthly presentations to business management, compliance and global head of fixed income operations.
- Provide ad-hoc management reporting when requested.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Have the ability to work within a close-knit team
- To be proactive and exercise effective time management skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient IT skills including Excel and PowerPoint are essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present work to a large group.
- To possess the ability to work within a pressurized environment meeting deadlines and re–prioritizing work throughout the day.
- Flexible shift timings (as business requirement)
- Good knowledge of fixed income products / markets is preferable.
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
- Take responsibility for your team’s conduct and conduct risks.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 1 year
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)