About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Global Market Operations also known as COCE (Client Operating Center of Excellence) is further divided into 4 departments i.e. Trade Processing & Support, PnL, Client Management & Change Management. Product Control in the wider market outside of BNP is Middle Office. Product Control consists of streams like Documentation & Reconciliation, Trade Support, P&L & Trading Portfolio & controls. Product Control teams are in regular contact with Market Front Office, Regional Back Office’s and Regional Finance & other support teams for their BAU.
Associate Level 1
COCE Trade Processing and Support
Business Line / Function:
COCE Trade Processing and Support
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Its primary responsibility is for variable income products set up in Global Market systems, lifecycle update and closing price feed. The team covers 8am to 7pm Paris Time. Our main sources are Bloomberg for static data and Reuters for market data. Clients of the team are 100% internal (Trading, Sales, Structuring, Trade Support, P&L, Risk, Settlement, Accounting, IT, ...).
- Configuration of Instruments ; indices, stocks, ETFs, Rates, futures and options contracts, Convertible Bonds and Warrants in EQD systems (FO to Accounting) requested for the needs of Trading teams
- Control Static data and life cycle of Instruments. Process Daily code changes following Corporate Actions
- Control Market data daily feed (quality and consistency). This data is used to generate the P&L and to price products.
- Financial Calendars administration (creation and update)
- Correlation Matrix perimeter maintenance on Instrument Time series
- Listed and Exotic warrants and certificates STP BO feed.
- Issuers (linked to Equities) creation request in BNP system.
- Reporting accounting and regulatory participation
- Apply control and escalation procedures on breaks between different systems
- Respect any timeline and deadline cutoffs
- Facilitate the integration of new activities and migrations of IT systems
- Ensure the consistency of the Referential between all the sites
- Participate in the industrialization of feed (Static and Market Data)
- Contribute to the improvement and completeness of daily and monthly checks
- Keep on documenting all procedures in place to stick market and process evolutions.
- Contribute in all control plan protocols according local operational risk policies.
- Contribute in precision and accuracy of activity metrics and escalate any relevant problems or success to management on a continuous basis.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Teamwork‐ Knows how to work in a team and/or across teams, regardless of the type of collaboration, face‐ to face in a group, remote, real‐ time, etc., acts bearing common interests and respect for fellow team members in mind.
- Analytical Skills ‐ Identifies all aspects of a subject and examines them in a critical way to construct a broad point of view. Is driven by the desire to know more about things, people or events.
- Organizational Skills‐ Sets priorities, plans actions and methodically monitors their progress by coordinating activities and resources in the best way possible.
- Communication skills ‐ Expresses messages, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, which is appropriate to the audience being addressed.
- Act with Integrity ‐ Acts ethically, in compliance with what is said and while respecting the company’s values and rules.
- Building effective relationship ‐ Seeks and maintains contacts and good relations inside and/or outside the company, face‐ to‐ face and remotely, which can be useful both in the short and long term
- Strong Preference to have Bachelor or Master Degree on Economics, Mathematics or Finance.
- Strong Treasury (Rate / Bonds) & Equity derivatives products & operations process knowledge.
- Strong Preference to have MS skills (VBA, Excel, and Access) would be a significant plus.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- 2-5 years working experience in relevant areas (Operations)
- Bachelor or Master Degree on Banking & Finance / Economics / Mathematics
- Knowledge in Financial Products, Knowledge in Front to Back workflow and the product event management would be a significant plus.
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 2 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)