Associate Level 1
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
We are looking for an ambitious fresh mind to provide support to the fund accounting department by managing daily NAV calculation and support function tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain accounting books of Mutual funds.
- Acquire complete understanding of NAV Calculation & its related functions with various parties involved. For example: Custody, TA, Pricing, Corporate Actions, etc.
- Become a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the process by acquiring complete knowledge of NAV Calculation Processing & Review across all funds & instruments types.
- Ensure all reconciliation breaks in TA, Cash & Stock are validated and justified for each calculated NAV.
- Ensure NAV calculations are produced in a timely manner as per SLA. Completeness of NAV packs includes accurate report generation, timely delivery of reports, scanning & archiving.
- Adhere to Quality SLA of 98% & above while processing NAVs.
- Be proactive in resolving queries and escalate immediately to the supervisor on any issues/queries/escalations.
- Participate in preparation of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai.
- Consistently evaluate the documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties may arise from time to time, mainly on month ends & year ends.
- Monitor the respective group mail box and respond quickly to the queries.
- Adhere to timeliness and quality as stated in SLA.
- Ensure there is NO Financial impact/loss to the organization.
- Ensure ISAE 3402 checks are understood and followed. 100% compliance is must for all NAV packs.
- Act as a back-up in the absence of other team members.
- Ensure to minimize the unplanned leaves, especially during business critical days, like month end, rollover days and migration of new funds.
- Should come up with minimum one process improvement/automation initiative per quarter.
- To share the process/product knowledge with fellow team members.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to communicate to others in a clear, articulate fashion.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good listening and questioning ability.
- Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations
- Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
- Must have an attention to detail
- Generate creative solutions to problems.
- Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution.
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Experience of 1 year