About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Client Management Operations team is leveraging an integrated model; the Client Management Operations Team delivers a comprehensive range of solutions to various business lines of the Group across the globe. The services include referential data management, Know Your Customer (KYC), Due Diligence preparation (client recertification and onboarding), credit administration and post-trade client services
Client Service Representative
22 Feb 2021
Client Management Operations ISPL
Business Line / Function:
CIB – Corporate and Institutional Banking
Head of Client Services ISPL
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Within the Global Markets Client Management division of BNP Paribas CIB, the EMEA Global Markets Client Service Technical Support team’s objective is to provide our clients with a top of the range service (valuation reports, event notifications, factsheet) and ensure a dedicated follow up of their products.
Working closely with the different Global Market teams ( Sales , Business manager , Middle and Back Office, etc ) , métier ( GECD and FI ) and products ( Equity, Commodities, Credit, FX and Interest Rate derivatives, etc ), the EMEA Global Markets Client Service Technical Support engages all level of management internally in developing operational efficiency to advance the firm to firm relationship.
Overall, through a dedicated operational relationship and a single point of contact, the team is responsible for the client satisfaction on any Post trade services.
The job holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the team, ensure quality standards are maintained and exceeded. Reaching Operational excellence is expected for this role. The job holder will also have good technical skills and be able to problem solve and trouble shoot incidents and find appropriate workarounds
Manage client queries
- Ensure any request relating to factsheet is answered in a timely manner, in accordance with the procedure.
- Help Clients navigate the Bank.
- Ensure escalation of any incident to Operations Client Relationship Managers (OCRMs) and local management
- Ensure quality of service is commensurate with clients’ importance for the bank. Tier‐1 client must be given very special attention.
Ensure Operational efficiency
- Ensure Factsheets production and distribution on a daily basis.
- Create new factsheets according to business or clients’ needs by using internal IT tools (Crystal report, VBA)
- Maintain, enhance and develop relevant related operational policies and processes. Update or create procedures accordingly.
- Propose and / or sponsor improvements leading to productivity gains or to increased reliability/security.
- Ensure developments/improvements you are responsible for are properly done, within the timeframe formerly agreed, and communicated to the team.
- Build and maintain close and healthy relationship with internal services/data providers.
- Share and disseminate best practices among all Client Services teams.
- To be a reference in terms of automation and productivity gains
Achieve Client Satisfaction
- Advocate for client while upholding bank policy and industry regulation
- Build and maintain close and healthy relationship with internal Sales and make sure to get a clear understanding of their clients’ needs. Adjust services accordingly, in accordance with the manager.
- Maintain high standard of relationship.
Operational risk management
- Ensure a yearly review with legal to update disclaimers if necessary.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of any document sent to the client.
- Monitor potential risk such as legal, compliance and reputation
- More generally , always report to management identified potential risk
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Knowledge of Global Markets, related products, and derivatives and processes is a plus
- Ability to work with MS Office (namely, Excel)
- At least 1-5 years experience in finance or banking related industry
- Office pack including Advanced Excel
- Strong appetite for IT systems
- Communication skill
- Organization skill
- Rigor and precision
- Results oriented
- Client oriented
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Degree in Finance, Business; post-graduate degree in Business or Finance
- Fluent in English, written & verbal.
- Understanding of French – writing and reading
- History of achievement in previous roles
- Innovative, creative and pro-active
- Rigorous to ensure quality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Client Oriented
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 2 years