Job Offer: Accounting Associate
BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com), is a European leader in global banking and financial services and is one of the strongest banks in the world (Rated AA by Standard & Poor's i.e. 3rd rating on a scale of 22).Headquartered in France, BNP Paribas has one of the largest international networks with operations in more than 80 countries and 200,000 employees. Its three core businesses are:
Corporate and Investment Banking
BNP Paribas India Solutions Pvt Ltd.
BNP Paribas India Solutions (BNPPISPL) is a global delivery centre for BNP Paribas Group. BNPPISPL provides IT Solutions, BPO and Knowledge Services to the international Corporate and Investment Banking business of BNP Paribas Group.
Job and Person Specification
Finance Shared Services
Shift Timings , if any:
Regular. During monthly closing days D+1/D+6 (12:30PM – 9:30PM IST; possibly extend to D+12)
The Financial Reporting and Analysis team is primarily responsible for providing oversight and control over day-to-day transactions, operations and activities required for the daily activities and month end closing, including the recording of revenue arising from transactions from various activities including Capital Market activities, Financing activities and Broker Dealer activities.
The individual will have experience in most of the following functions with a background in either Capital Markets, Financing Activities or Broker Dealer :
Accounting & Control Functions
- Prepare and book daily/monthly entries (Accrual, MTM booking, etc.)
- Enforce controls and ensure that balance sheets are in balance; prepare balance sheet reconciliation schedules.
- Review daily transactional account activity/daily ledgers for posting errors and back-value transactions
- Review ledgers and perform account and transaction analysis for a set of entities.
- Analyze, reconcile, and review all accounts under their responsibility by performing a variance analysis of corresponding revenue/balance sheet items, highlighting trends, and following up on questions/ concerns
- Prepares month-end substantiation packages for multiple legal entities.
- Ad-Hoc Requests (profit center creation) / Intra day
- Assists with audit requests from External Audit, Regulators and internal control teams.
- Update and review mapping tables.
Reporting and Analysis
- Performs financial reporting, analysis, and related activities for multiple legal entities from various activities including Capital Market activities, Financing activities and Broker Dealer activities.
- Assist in preparing financial statements (UK GAAP and IFRS).
- Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
- Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also assist in integrating and streamlining the reports under the team’s responsibility
- Observe the bank’s policies and procedures
- Assist in any special project or request as directed by management
Candidate Requirements for the role:
- Chartered Accountant or Finance background
- 0-2 years’ experience of financial and/or management accounting experience
- IFRS or UK GAAP experience preferred
- Technical knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP reporting with 1 year of financial reporting and analysis experience in a medium to large organization. Experience in financial reporting and analysis includes preparation of UK GAAP and IFRS financial statements and financial reports for senior management.
- Basic Corporate Banking product knowledge
- Ability to obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Ability to learn new systems and products quickly
- Experience with Essbase and Business Objects (BOxi) is desirable
- Knowledge of business desktop applications (MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and graphs)
- Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Preferred Industry / Domain experience:
- Financial Services accounting experience
- Behavioural Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to deliver excellent results within the established timeframes while managing multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and self-motivational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
Primary Location: IN-MH-MumbaiJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROLEducation Level: Other Degrees / Certifications / Vocational, Technical or Professional QualificationsExperience Level: BeginnerSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change