About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function:
Global Market Operations (GMO) covers Front Office activities such as ALM/Treasury and Fixed Income local booking. GMO consists of various streams, Control and Investigations, Settlement, Collateral and Reconciliation. GMO teams are also in regular contact with Capital Market Middle Office, Regional Back Office’s and Regional Finance.
Associate /Sr. Associate
Business Line / Function:
Derivatives Execution & Clearing Operations
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To manage Brokerage function as per give up agreement for the clearing function. Ensure accurate settlements.
Responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
Undertake a variety of financial and non-financial tasks in order to help guarantee the company’s revenues; handle the processing of incoming payments along with the issuing of necessary paperwork.
- Processing accounts and payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure properly posted.
- Execution fee setup in the back office system
- Registration of broker invoices and reconciliation of trades & fees
- Instruction of invoices settlement
- On board process – Establish Give-up agreement
- Receiving and sorting incoming payments
- Managing the status of accounts and balances and identifying inconsistencies
- Issuing invoices
- Assume the responsibility of receiving and sorting incoming payments with attention to credibility
- Update accounts receivable database with new accounts or missed payments
- Ensure all clients remain informed on their outstanding debts and deadlines
- Provide solutions to any relative problems of clients
- Write thorough reports on billing activity with clear and reliable data
- Chasing Paying agent to obtain payments
Risk control and supervision:
- Monitor activity progress against the goals and take appropriate corrective action as and when it is required
- Control and ensure that all tasks are processed accurately and on a timely manner
- Identify risk, suggest implementation of a first level of control.
- Deal with client and brokers issues escalated by the team and share it with the management when appropriate
- Participate in client visits and conference calls
- client focus
- Collaborate /Liaise with other BNPP teams/stakeholders.
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve billing issues
- Ensure that procedures are updated and validated on a timely manner
- Perform and updated the status of the assigned tasks in the daily task checklist.
- Review and validation of Give Up Agreement through Egus (or hard copy)
- Breaks analysis and dispute resolution
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Strong Communication skills required for an effective liaison with counterparties and internal stakeholders to the reconciliation process. (Middle offices, marketers, traders, credit, compliance and legal)
- Proven working experience as Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable domain
- Knowledge of Exchange Traded derivative products /ETD Clearing.
- Strong knowledge of Trade Life Cycle.
- Experience in Brokerage, Derivative clearing functions, settlement functions Middle Office Operation functions within Investment Banking is favorable.
- Flexibility to accommodate business requirements and working hours.
- Good Excel skills required.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university
- Strong Communication skills and client focus oriented
- Fundamental understanding of clearing /Futures & Options markets.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 1 year
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)