BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
The KYC Due Diligence team in ISPL is responsible for the Preparation of files due for periodic reviews (Recertification) for existing customers and (Onboarding) for new clients of BNP Paribas across multiple countries across APAC, EMEA and America.
KYC Recertification Preparation Officer
Client Management Operations (CLM Ops) / KYC Due Diligence Team
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The KYC Due Diligence team in ISPL is responsible for the Preparation of files due for periodic reviews (Recertification) for existing customers and (Onboarding) for new clients of BNP Paribas across multiple countries across APAC, EMEA and America. It is extended team working with onshore counterpart to support completion of KYC on all existing and new clients of BNP Paribas.
- Perform the required KYC screenings on customers documenting the information obtained on the clients as required by global KYC procedure.
- Leads the team by example and ensures that the team is guided to achieve the stakeholder expectation.
- Obtain mandatory documents and reports as per KYC requirements
- Perform necessary checks to identify politically exposed persons, sanctioned, Adverse Information on individuals and entities and mitigate risks associated with financial crimes.
- Implement additional steps, validating KYC risk compliance bases on research of customer records
- Constant and regular review of processes and areas to be in line with the new developments and gain efficiency.
- Ensure data and documents are entered (scanned and archived) into systems properly
- Ensure the files pass all quality and control reviews. Escalate concerns / issues as needed as company guidelines and local requirements.
- Communicate within the team, Compliance, the business and IT.
- Contribute to the implementation of Permanent Control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities
- Ensure all requests received are assigned within the team and drives the team to achieve the expectation set by onshore
- Active participation in regular review of operational procedural changes /requirements during processing functions / staff meetings
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
1.1 Good communication skills is a pre-requisite
1.2 Accuracy and rigor
1.3 Team player
1.4 Fluent in English; Knowledge of French or a foreign language would be a plus
1.5 Adaptable flexible approach to the working environment
1.6 Ability to work on multiple IT systems
1.7 IT literate and familiar with Microsoft Office (Excel to macro level), PowerPoint
Specific Qualifications (if required)
2.1 University Graduate
2.2 Minimum 3-4 yr experience in corporate KYC.
2.3 Sound knowledge of the on-boarding/ KYC recertification process
2.4 Knowledge of the global and local regulations related to banking and financial services.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.