Power, Infrastructure and Project Finance (“PIPF”) provides advisory services, arranges, structures and advances non-recourse (or limited recourse) loans for client activities including power and energy; renewables, such as wind, solar and bio-fuel; and infrastructure projects. PIPF maintains a large, diversified loan portfolio of over 70 borrowers.
The origination and execution of Project Finance transaction is done by the PIPF Origination and Execution Group which is a part of the Asset Finance and Securitization (“ASF”) group.
PIPF Account & Credit Management Team is a part of the Credit & Portfolio Management group, and is responsible for the monitoring and proactive management of the PIPF loan portfolio in North and Latin America, after the initial closing until termination / repayment.
Portfolio and Account Management:
• Understand and independently manage all aspects of a number of assigned Project Finance accounts, including credit, legal, and compliance issues. Assigned accounts could include several complex transactions including deals where BNPP is the Agent Bank. Deals will include, gas-fired merchant power plants, renewables, infrastructure projects, etc.
• Prepare credit and financial analysis and complete Annual Reviews and Quarterly Watchlist / Doubtful Reports.
• Prepare internal credit proposals for amendments, waivers, and other requests for deals where BNPP is a participant.
• Perform financial modeling and run sensitivities for transactions; interpret model results and create summaries to be used in internal and external documents.
• Handle compliance and covenant related issues, including monitoring compliance receivables for each account.
• Proactively identify risks in the portfolio and deteriorating credits; communicate proactively with senior managers, Risk officers, Origination team members, relationship managers etc.
• Liaise with the Bank’s Restructuring team for troubled deals.
• Help in origination and execution activities wherever appropriate.
Agency Account Management:
• Negotiate and co-ordinate amendment and waiver requests for deals Agented by BNPP; liaise directly with borrowers, legal counsel, consultants, and Lenders.
• Attend meetings and conference calls with Lenders and clients.
• Update, discuss, and answer questions from participant Lenders on a daily basis.
• Review legal documentation and manage legal due diligence process with appointed lawyers.
• Prepare credit-focused memos for internal and external dissemination.
• Contribute to PIPF Portfolio Review, including overview of the PIPF portfolio, sector concentration, historical evolution of the portfolio, etc.
• Respond to ad-hoc requests for reports and presentations from Risk and Management.
• Take ownership and lead other initiatives such as industry reviews, simulations of the entire portfolio based on certain parameters etc.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially financial modelling skills in Microsoft Excel.
• Good verbal and written communication skills required (ability to present a deal structure and highlights to credit committees, senior management, and other lenders).
• Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
• Ability to work reasonably long hours and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills, including financial and credit analysis.
• MBA / CFA / CPA would be a plus
• Good understanding of and familiarity with financial statements, accounting, corporate finance principles, debt structures, etc.
• Familiarity with and efficiency in reading and understanding legal documentation (preferably legal documentation related to Project Finance including security agreements and project agreements).
• Spanish language will be a plus.
• Prior experience in Project Finance (or other structured finance products) would be a strong positive.
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.