About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
The Third Party Management Office is responsible for identifying and assessing risks relating to the operational and business management processes of BNP Paribas. This includes policy, governance, risk management, reporting and ownership of the Third Party Management Tool.
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This role will be responsible for supporting the Third Part Management Office in identifying and evaluating potential/recognized risks related to operational, business administration, and third party endeavours, engaging business areas to raise awareness and recommend measures to prevent loss and mitigate exposure, and developing analytics and reporting for senior management.
- Perform reconciliations (excel based) between the Third Party Management tool database and other systems/ data sources at BNPP (includes: vendor payment system, management consulting system, Affiliates, Business Impact Analysis)
- Perform monthly reconciliation of data captured in various reports extracted from the Third Party Management tool, which will be required for monthly reporting/ MIS purposes.
- Periodic reporting of TP performance metrics/ MIS (monthly) and other Group level metrics (monthly/ quarterly)
- Monitor TP performance metrics, periodic reviews and follow up on business participation
- Updating existing dashboards used for ongoing monitoring of vendors (includes: initiation of private solicitations for financial viability reviews performed by a third party)
- Analysis of ongoing monitoring alerts and recommending necessary subsequent action/ escalation
- Daily updating of the Due Diligence and Action Plan trackers and reporting them to the onshore team Perform periodic follow up of outstanding Due Diligence programs with external suppliers as well as internal Relationship Managers.
- Perform periodic follow up of outstanding Action Plans with external suppliers as well as internal Relationship Managers.
- Perform vigilance/ watchlist check for all new suppliers on boarded as well as recertification’s.
- Periodically updating the setup data in the Third Party Management tool in order to be aligned with BNPP Group policies.
- Adhoc uploads of suppliers/ program enrolments/ etc. to the Third Party Risk Management tool (need only basis).
- Update/ document relevant TPRM policies and procedures
- Identifying and reporting/ escalating potential areas of risk/ non responses to TPMO
- Contribute to the implementation of Permanent Control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities
- Active participation in regular review of operational procedural changes /requirements during processing functions / staff meetings.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including vlookup, macros, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Project
- Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information
- Experience with a multicultural environment
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Candidate must be able to evaluate the services provided by vendors