MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The position is within the Performance Management Pole in the Finance Regional North America platform located in Montreal, under the supervision of the Head of Performance Management. Our main client is the Client service teams of BNP Paribas located in New York.
This role is concentrated in data management and reporting, and primarily focuses on support for the Finance Client Services team (CST) in NY/NJ. This support includes management of headcount & expense data for the CIB Functions scope, issuance of weekly/monthly reports to the CST, and performing controls/validation during data loading for budgets & forecasts. In addition to standard processes, the role requires assistance on ad-hoc projects/requests that occur throughout the year.
- This position will be the main contact dedicated to the Finance Client service team (CST). The role will be specifically supporting the CST that covers BNPP’s North America CIB Functions scope, and thus will be expected to learn about the underlying businesses and regional specificities.
- Gain an expertise on BNPP financial systems and manage the Expense & Headcount data for NA CIB Functions.
- Collect, organize and update financials and non-financials data for weekly and monthly reporting via Powerpoint templates. Ensure all data controls are in place and report figures are reconciled and consistent.
- Perform sanity checks on reports published on a regular basis, challenge figures and ensure completeness, consistency and accuracy of the data reported.
- Be proactive in the annual budget preparation by sourcing data from the group reporting tools (mainly internal tools based on Tagetik).
- Develop understanding and keep abreast of business evolution and/or products and head office norms or requirements that could influence the reporting.
- Help ensure the control and integrity of data while populating reports.
- Assist and participate in any special project or request as directed by management (monthly processes, systems upgrades, enhancements related to new reporting requirement, etc).
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in financial and performance analysis: Degree in Performance Management or a Finance degree from a reputable university.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in financial reporting or performance management, preferably within financial services industries.
- Business Intelligence tools:
- Advanced Excel skills required (including pivot tables and most common excel functions), Business Object, macro, knowledge of VBA is desirable.
- Powerpoint experience required.
- Microsoft Power Query experience desirable (for creating and improving data workflow automation).
- Alteryx experience a plus (for creating and improving data workflow automation).
- Analytical Ability: Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Results-driven: Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment.
- Autonomous, rigorous and flexible with the ability to meet tight deadlines within an international environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English, French is a plus but not mandatory.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.