“Risk – Governance and Strategic Analysis” (Risk GSA) is a transversal team within the Risk Function covering all businesses, countries where the Group is established. Its main missions are centered on:
- Data management,
- Reporting of market, counterparty, liquidity, interest rate risks,
- Strategic risk analysis, including coordination of Risk forums,
- Credit and market stress testing
Within Risk GSA, the responsibilities of the Credit Portfolio Risk Team are comprised around two areas:
- Management Information framework
- Credit Stress Testing and provisioning
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
- Contribute to the Bank’s Risk Appetite Framework such as the RAS, the Risk identification, the Sector / Activity RAS and the Country Envelope framework for Credit & Counterparty Risks.
- To organize and facilitate the dialogue between Business and RISK when reviewing Business strategies and their impact on the credit and counterparty risk profile, notably in the RAS review, Group Budget and Strat Plan exercises, and to accompany them with relevant information and analysis of credit portfolio risks.
- To produce, analyze and compile credit risk information in order to serve the needs of internal (Banks’ Board of Directors, Senior Management, CRO) and external stakeholders (Supervisor, Rating agencies…)
- To analyze in close coordination with the Risk practitioners the evolution of the credit portfolio quality, understand its trends and dynamics and contribute to the anticipation of any adverse development being it in a sector, geography, métier, etc.
- To analyze the credit CoR evolution and dynamic incl. performing sensitivity analyses in order to help the Risk practitioners anticipate on the CoR.
- To contribute to the budgetary and risk identification exercises by providing relevant information and analysis of credit portfolio risks.
- To assist in the building of a comprehensive framework of credit portfolio risk analytics and to deliver to the senior management focused and timely credit portfolio information meant to enlighten decision makers on current and forward looking credit portfolio risks.
- To contribute to answer to regulatory requests on credit risk topics.
- Contribute to the Credit Stress Testing and provisioning:
- The Credit Portfolio Risk team acts as a coordinator for the production, reporting and added-value analysis of integrated credit stress test across the CUSO perimeter. This requires interactions at Group and regional level.
- The Credit Portfolio Risk team also produces with the support of Group relevant credit stress tests and develop relevant methodologies.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Good knowledge of credit and counterparty risks
- Advanced reporting software skills
- Good organization skills to manage under tight deadlines the complexity of processes and the high number of stakeholders to coordinate
- Strong analytical and inquisitive mindset in order to synthesize large amount of information in management level presentations
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to present comprehensive risk reviews to Senior Management
- Ability to contribute to value-added projects on a long term basis,
- Sense of details, accuracy and presentation without losing the “main picture”
- Commitment to deliver results in line with client’s expectations
- Resilience to heavy workload
- Minimum experience of 3 years in Risk management or Management Information System area
- Degree in Finance or related area
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.