About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 75 countries, with more than 189,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
The EQD Trading Support team is part of a global team supporting the Front Office trading applications used by the EQD business in the Americas, as well as providing follow the sun support for the EQD business in Europe and APAC. The team is concerned with the production support and release of solutions providing discreet functionality, driven by the global EQD business. The systems are used globally with major hubs in Paris, NY, Tokyo and Singapore.
The candidate will have to provide proactive and reactive support to the Equity Derivatives business and its clients whilst working closely with development and product management teams. The candidate will also be expected to contribute to and lead projects. He/She will also have the opportunity to be involved in on-boarding applications into the production environment and working with the global teams on transformational projects. Opportunities to build cross organizational relationships through leading projects on behalf of the team. His/Her responsibilities include:
- Incident and Problem Management:
- Provide support for Front-Office EQD users who encounter complex issues, and delegate lower-complexity issues to the team members.
- Lead the resolution of critical P1/P2 incidents and problems, and povide workaround in order to reduce the Business impact/outage
- Diagnoses issues, establish their root cause
- Communicates with internal users and management over incidents and post-mortems
- Initiate task force over critical incidents
- Application Monitoring and follow up:
- Monitors application state and input/output data correctness throughout the day, hand-over with follow the sun support teams
- Implement monitoring tools in order to improve the support work
- Improve the accuracy of the Production KPIs
- Knowledge Management and Documentation:
- Owns team knowledge base on wiki for all in-scope applications
- Provides support to end-users on how to use the application
- Ensures Follow-the-Sun and regional support teams are trained as required, in particular over new releases
- Maintenance and enhancements:
- Participates to release cycles for functional validation on staging/preproduction and production environments
- Coordinates functional pre and post release checks
- Communicates globally to support teams the new functionalities and organize training when required
- Participates to DRP/BCP exercises
Experience in an application support role in a dynamic environment is a necessity for this role; there is often a great deal of urgency associated with resolving incidents and candidates need to be able to prioritize proactively when resource conflicts arise. Strong technical knowledge in the disciplines mentioned below are a pre-requisite, as well as excellent analytical reasoning and practical decision making, combined with an ability to communicate across a broad range of business functions and at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a numerate subject (Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, etc…) required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Electronic Markets Application Support.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a changing environment and capability to cope calmly with stressed users facing system issues
- Ability to clearly explain technical/functional issues
- Knowledge of the Global Markets Equity Derivative business products and Electronic Markets.
- Knowledge of Networks, Market Data and messaging technologies
- Knowledge of scripting languages beneficial. (ex. Python/Java/C#.)
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.