About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
Global Market Operations (GMO) covers Front Office activities such as ALM/Treasury and Fixed Income local booking. GMO consists of various streams, Control and Investigations, Settlement, Collateral and Reconciliation. GMO teams are also in regular contact with Capital Market Middle Office, Regional Back Office’s and Regional Finance.
Risk Control – AnC
Global Market Operations
Business Line / Function
Head of the Department
Number of Direct Reports
Directorship / Registration
Within BNP Paribas Capital Markets, Cancel & Amend team is a global function whose main missions are:
- In conjunction with GMO different teams to independently control alerts set to monitor Amend & Cancel patterns.
- To participate in the sponsoring of the project and developments in order to enhance the control.
The Cancel & Amend team intervenes on the whole perimeter where Capital Markets is present, meaning on the principal money markets (New York, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, etc) and for all businesses (GLOBAL MARKET, ALMT).
Cancel & Amend team is part of the Valuation and Risk Control team.
The Head of Cancel & Amend team reports to the Head of PRODUCT CONTROL ATP.
Cancel & Amend team has a role of specialist in the control of alerts through the following workflow:
- Data are collected automatically from the various capital market booking systems
- Several alerts related to cancelled or amended transactions are looked at
- Analyze the alerts on a daily basis, and where necessary, get detailed information from Trading or MO Trade Support
- Submit analyzed alerts for sign-off to Head of Trading desks
- Escalation when necessary to CIB Anti-Fraud
- Final validation and closing of alerts
- Cancel & Amend team controls the use of technical counterparty codes in compliance with the CIB Policy
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- The team participates in the set-up of the process for every business in Capital Markets
- The team ensures consistency across business lines.
- The team ensures proper communication with ITO teams in every business lines and every location.
- The team organizes proper coordination with other PRODUCT CONTROL teams in order to ensure transparency as they might be their relay on locations for local contacts when necessary
- Very good knowledge of the products and processes
- To be able to work in a requiring environment with deadlines.
- To be very self-disciplined, reactive, able to take initiatives and autonomous in its job
- Constant worry of the good quality of the rendered customer service
- To have a good relational ease to communicate with the customers and other departments
- Sense of the risk
Specific Qualifications Required
- Bachelor or Master Degree on Banking & Finance / Economics / Mathematics
- 7+ yrs. banking operational experiences (preferred)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
People & Stakeholder Management
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Risk oriented mindset
Issue & Escalation management