The Tax Services team is a customer focused team; they support the business and client activities of the Operations division of BNP Paribas Securities Services. The team works in partnership with our clients to ensure all client deliverables are met accurately and on time. The team also has extensive interaction and dealings with all teams within the Operations division as well as other internal BNP Paribas Securities Services teams such as the Risk Function and Relationship Management teams. The Tax Services team is responsible for managing the successful delivery of tax operations services to all of our clients.
This includes the following-
- Managing the client relationship from a tax reporting perspective.
- Ownership of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc client tax deliverables.
- Maintenance of tax reporting infrastructure and templates.
- Tax process control and risk management.
- Working with other departments to resolve internal and external queries.
- SME involvement in transitions and projects.
All services delivered by this team are required to consider current legislative and regulatory requirements and they must comply with operational risk guidelines. The team is involved in all major projects and transitions. Also, the investigation, management and resolution of any client and internal queries or issues which are directed to the team.
The Assistant Manager will report directly to the Tax Services Manager and is responsible for supporting the Manager in managing the timely and accurate delivery of reporting and calculation services to Clients in accordance with service level agreements.
On a day to day basis, the Assistant Manager provides support to the Senior Accountants, enabling them to manage their clients and deliverables and assisting them to resolve specific queries with the client. The Assistant Manager is the initial escalation point for all of our clients.
Working with various teams and individuals in the Operations division, the Assistant Manager is enlisted with facilitating excellent client support and service; they deal in a pro-active and effective manner with clients, both internal and external.
- Review taxable income calculations for managed investment schemes, superannuation funds, life and insurance companies and LICs.
- Assist the Senior Accountants with training, coaching and development.
- Act as the escalation point for the Senior Accountants in the team for internal and external clients.
- Ensure that deliverables to clients are delivered accurately and on time in accordance with agreed Service level agreements (SLA).
- Ensure that client queries are resolved in a timely manner and that any issues are escalated to the Tax Manager.
- Ensure testing of templates and processes is completed accurately and on time to ensure compliance with current legislation and internal policies.
- Ensure all procedures and tax services documentation is standardized, up to date and fit for purpose.
- Perform formal supervision and controlled self-assessment testing of procedures and deliverables with our agreed risk management framework.
- Support the wider team at peak periods and act as the operational cover for colleagues.