About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Business Line/Function :
Performance Management within Finance Shared Services is responsible for accurate and timely cost and management accounting, reporting and budgeting activities.
SA / AM
FSS PM – ITO
Business Line / Function:
AVP / Manager
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The jobholder will be responsible for review of timely and accurate management accounting and reporting. Will work to ensure the accuracy of financials reported by business line, region and report profitability at a detailed level to facilitate decision support.
All local reporting is performed in accordance with relevant and applicable rules and principles, requirements within the deadlines set forth, with complete audit trail to follow.
Management Accounting & Control Functions
- Perform and review month end closing in financial accounting system (SAP) ensuring timely and accurate posting and review of accruals, prepayments, reclassification, inter-company recharge and asset capitalization entries including WIP.
- Perform and review monthly cost allocation matrices and keys including performing trend analysis to highlight any discrepancies in the keys/matrices provided, conduct timely follow-up to get these corrected.
- Prepare and review high quality management reports for regional financials of various business lines and functions on a monthly basis
- Monitor financials trend and comparison with Budgets, to understand main drivers of material variances, investigate and highlight the same in a timely manner to onshore stakeholders.
- Maintain referential and database for the financials, which is the source for all reporting
- Perform and review local/regional budgeting/forecasting activities in liaison with PM/business counterparts
- Business partnering with key stakeholders on regular basis and monthly review with senior management to discuss business performance
- Coordinate with Local managers, Regional PM and local Finance Teams for month end reporting changes as maybe required
- Active participation in the reporting transformation project as per new architecture and review of regional offshored tasks
- Manage Adhoc and responses to auditors/regulators queries
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
· Identify process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Participate in the upgrades / version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments / enhancements required to facilitate new / modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
· Help document operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to support team’s efficiency and effectiveness initiatives. Also, assist in integrating and streamlining the reporting under the team’s responsibility.
- Provide cross-training to colleagues and perform specific duties as assigned (e.g. coverage for colleagues)
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- At least 2 to 6 years of experience in cost accounting and management reporting
- Excellent PC skills; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and graphs)
- Working knowledge and understanding MS Access
- Good analytical skills and understanding of cost allocation methodologies
Specific Qualifications (if required)
CA (preferred)/ MBA Finance
Communication skills - oral & written
Independent and ability to work under pressure
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to implement relevant and timely controls
CA (preferred)/ MBA Finance
2 to 6 years