About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a
strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees.
The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product
and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range
of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth
management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer
financing through strategic partnerships
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner with various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business Line/Function :
Performance Management within Finance Shared Services is responsible for accurate and timely management accounting, reporting and budgeting activities
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The Jobholder will be responsible for the timely and accurate production of the monthly expenses accounting and management reporting, supporting the annual expense budget & periodic forecasts exercise, calculation of intercompany charges/billing, responding to audit queries and coordinating with various teams to ensure proper completion of monthly deliverables.
All local reporting is performed in accordance with relevant and applicable instructions, requirements within the deadlines set forth, with complete audit trail to follow.
Management Accounting & Control Functions
- Prepare and book closing entries (daily / monthly) in accounting and financial systems for accruals, prepayments, intercompany, rent deferrals, asset capitalization/retrials or write-off, etc., as necessary.
- Perform month-end financial closing for his / her entities
- Perform reconciliation between Accounting system and Financial ledger to substantiate balances and breaks solving
- Participate in the intercompany process including tracking of recharge requests/SLAs, proper calculation of billing charges, timely reporting in financial accounting systems and invoicing.
- Timely and accurate preparation of various management reports and supporting ad hoc changes / requests from time to time
- On a timely basis, provide complete and accurate financial data to the Reporting Team for report production
- Provide assistance in responding to questions / requests for information to auditors, regulators
- Escalating problems / issues to the team manager Providing quality service to other groups
- Support the production of the annual expense budget and periodic forecasts from a transversal perspective
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
Assist in identifying process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
Participate in the upgrades / version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments / enhancements required to facilitate new / modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
Help document operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to support team’s efficiency and effectiveness initiatives. Also, assist in integrating and streamlining the reporting under the team’s responsibility.
Provide cross-training to colleagues and perform specific duties as assigned (e.g. coverage for colleagues)
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- At least 4 to 5 years of experience in global financial services company in accounting and management reporting
- Excellent PC skills; ability to learn new systems quickly Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and graphs)
- Working knowledge and understanding MS Access desirable
- Good analytical skills and understanding of cost allocation methodologies
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to implement relevant and timely controls
4 to 8 years
4 to 8 years