In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Within BNP Paribas Hong Kong, the KYC Operations team’s objective is to be the sole interface for clients going through the KYC due diligence onboarding or recertification process.
The team supports the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) business which encompasses diverse métiers and products.
The team is responsible for 3 main activities:
1. Prioritization of on-boarding with additional focus on Tier 1 potential clients.
2. Coordination of the whole process (Risk, Legal, Systems) and production of the KYC (Collection, Confirmation, and most importantly, Analysis).
3. This team is also responsible for recertification, annual review and relevant client management processes.
The responsibilities of this role will be diverse and varying, depending on work required to be actioned.
• Manage the production of accurate and timely management of meeting packs, reports and analytics used to identify and monitor key control issues and areas of focus.
• Actively drive and support initiatives to promote data integrity across KYC Operations APAC.
• Actively define, implement and oversee internal control policies and processes to mitigate KYC Operations team’s key risks, and ensure that KYC processes performed by CIB KYC Operations complies with the requirement of Local Add-on policies and Group procedures.
• Lead and facilitate operational risk and control assessments within KYC Operations APAC teams, and ensure any issues are escalated as appropriate.
• Work closely with other support functions to resolve operational risk and control issues and provide training, advice and guidance to KYC Operations colleagues across the region in respect to risk mitigation and control measures.
• Act as a contact point for Compliance/Audit/Control and Regulator, and assist
Line Management to coordinate Internal/External Audit and regulatory activities and submissions for KYC Operations team and ensure that KYC Operations team as a whole complies with all local, HKMA principles and various regulations as well as internal policies as applicable.
• Contribute to the review, standardization and rollout of regional policies/procedures, KYC processes and systems as required (e.g.: in accordance with any policy update or system change, etc.) and work with relevant internal stakeholders to minimize impact and ensure smooth integration.
• Keep abreast with current compliance / AML regulations and KYC procedures, and keep management updated on any significant changes or issues.
• Actively promote and lead best practice in risk and compliance management.
• Coordinate with the offshore team and provide guidance where appropriate to resolve any quality and procedural issues.
• Supervise activities pertaining to client data update and maintenance, including and verification of amendments in client details and corresponding system maintenance.
• Provide effective back-up support to other team members as and required.
• Participate in ad-hoc projects (e.g. regulatory/operational/data quality, etc.) as directed by Line Management.
• Provide guidance and coaching to junior team members and contribute towards the optimization of team efficiency.
• Potential business trip to other APAC countries as and when support is required.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving and influencing skills.
• Able to lead, coach and advise junior team members.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• University graduate, preferably with at least 4 years relevant work experience.
• Prior experience in operational risk management/internal audit/KYC/AML within financial institutions would be an advantage.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong attention to detail with ability to produce accurate and quality work under tight deadlines and minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Fluent in English (spoken and written), and preferably Chinese (Cantonese / Mandarin).
• Flexibility to travel.