About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The OPC is a key component of the first line of defence as regards the management of operational risks
and permanent controls of the Operating entity.
The OPC operates and/or coordinates the entity’s Operational and Permanent Control framework related
to all operational risks front-to-back and end-to-end, including Fraud, Third Party, Conduct, Compliance,
Regulatory, ICT risks, and others risks in collaboration with other specialized independent control
functions and in compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines issued by independent
control functions as well as with external regulatory and supervisory requirements.
6th September 2021
ISPL CIB ITO Conduct & Controls
Mumbai ISPL (Infinity IT Park)
Business Line / Function:
Client Management OPC
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Operating entities organize their Operational Risk Management and their Permanent Control framework on a risk based approach. The intensity of the framework and its governance should be commensurate to the materiality of the entity and its operational risk exposure.
In order to achieve this, designated Operational Permanent Controllers manage and drive the operational risks and permanent controls as required under the Group internal control and operational risk management framework.
• Ensure effective execution of controls for the existing Client Management operational activities and enhancing the coverage and depth of the same.
• Operate operational risk management qualitative and quantitative processes and templates/ tools to achieve defined objectives to provide value to the business including key risk indicators, operational loss/incident assessment, and operational risk dashboards
• Define and regularly update the entity’s control plan according to the outcome of the risk assessment, regulations, and other risk events.
• Advise status of the control environment. Use findings of control deficiencies to drive risk management and process & control improvement.
• Ensure effective and timely analysis of errors and incidents and implementation of corrective and preventive actions
• Ensure timely closure of findings/recommendations by internal control / regulatory bodies.
• Ensure that the procedures designed by the businesses and functions within the Operating Entity are identified, updated, properly stored and communicated to the relevant stakeholders
• Coordinate with offshore and onshore stakeholders for control results.
• Ensure appropriate training and awareness on Operational Risks are provided to Level 1 employees.
• Coordinate and provide support to the driving of committees that ensure continuous adherence of the OE to policies, by reviewing Control Results, Key Performance Indicators and ensuring escalation of any potential gaps in the process.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• University Graduate / Post Graduate / MBA with minimum 5 years of experience in Banking/Financial Industry with atleast 2 year experience in KYC Due Diligence, Client Referential Data Management.
• Good knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Ability to grasp knowledge and demonstrates good application skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to own tasks with limited supervision
• Fluent oral and written communication.
• Good comprehension, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Analytical approach towards problem solving and control mindset.
• Coordination and multi-tasking skill
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)