About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline / Function :
The Human Resources Department in BNP Paribas India Solutions is focused to:
• Bring onboard the right Talent into the BNP Paribas India Solutions family
• Continuously engage with our employees to promote BNP Paribas values
• Ensure that reward and recognition reflect the principles of fairness and the values of BNP Paribas
• Nurture and grow our Talent and develop our future leaders
To ensure compliances with respect to Labour laws, Contract staff, Risk Management and ensure controls.
• Liaise with labour consultants and internal stakeholders to ensure compliances required under various Labour Laws (new registrations, renewal / amendment of licenses and registration certificates, filing statutory returns, maintain register and records, statutory payments, notice board / display updation for all entities).
• Coordinate with respective stakeholders for completing various controls and audits performed by Compliance, OPC, Risk ORC, legal, IG, etc.
• Attend labour inspections and notices. Coordinate with labour law consultants and internal stakeholders to collate and submit required documents / details to close the notices and inspections for all Entities. Update respective stakeholders about the status of inspections/notices on timely basis.
• Liaise with labour law consultants and internal teams / stakeholders to carry out vendor audit and entity audit process on quarterly basis and surprise inspections.
• Maintain repository of contract staff for all entities. Timely reporting of contract staff as required under Contract Labour (CLRA) Act.
• Preparation of MIS reports as and when required.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/ BEHAVIORS:
• Understanding of Labor Laws
• Understanding of HR processes and procedures
• Excel, Word and Powerpoint Skills
• Communication skills
• Analytical skills, ability to assess people and situations with objectivity
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and deliver
• Accuracy (with data and numbers)
• Strong sense of confidentiality and ethics
• Active listening
• Ability to conduct change management
• Diversity, inclusion and non-discrimination awareness
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Graduation / Bachelor / Master Degree or equivalent.
• Diploma / Bachelor degree (LLB) / equivalent in Law will be preferred.
• Relevant experience of 3 to 5 years in handling Labour Law Compliances.
• Candidates with knowledge on ER / Disciplinary Process / Data Protection will be preferred.