About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Global Markets Operations Corporate Actions, Incomes and Taxes Department is part of the transversal functions within ITO and is acting as a central interlocutor regarding Corporate Actions, both for Fixed Income and EQD Solutions.
EQD is a dedicated Business Line for Equity Derivatives and Financing Solutions within BNP PARIBAS Group and a major player within CIB.
Fixed Income is specialized in G10et Credit repo financing transactions on debts and bonds assets.
Within Global Markets Operations pole, the Corporate Actions Department is specialized in the analysis and the management of the corporate events affecting listed assets (mainly securities products).
It is in charge of the notification and the coordination for the EQD and Fixed Income industries of any impact of these events during the overall lifecycle. In this way, the Department is providing its services for any impacted trade involving Trading, Clients and/or Counterparties.
Senior Associate / Assistant Manager
COCE Trade Processing & Support
Business Line / Function:
COCE Trade Processing & Support
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- Primary responsibilities of the team includes:
- Monitoring Corporate Actions in all reliefs and identification of eligible global positions
Follow-up of events’ announcements, forecast and deadlines leading to an efficient management regarding scrubbing, notifications and bookings in our general books and recording systems
- Managing the election process for voluntary events by interacting with other internal support functions, compiling aggregated instruction to be sent to agents/custodians and ensure good receipt.
- Strict follow-up of the expected proceeds/results at payment date, and follow-up controls in regards to theoretical bookings and forecast assumptions that may leave with breaks on internal or external reconciliations.
- Acting as a central point of contact for Corporate actions operations subject matters within BNP Paribas (across all functions) and outside (Custodians, Counterparties)
- Scrubbing and set up of Corporate Actions in operating systems (e.g. Picasso)
- Monitoring of Corporate Actions in all reliefs and identification of eligible global positions (Settled/Pending trades, SLAB)
- Permanent follow-up of events’ announcements, forecast and deadlines leading to an efficient management regarding scrubbing, notifications and bookings in our general books and recording systems (e.g. Calypso, Power, Picasso tools)
- Manage the election process for voluntary events in close relations with other teams of the GM CAIT department, compile aggregated instruction to be sent to agents/custodians and ensure good receipt.
- Strict follow-up of the expected proceeds/results at payment date, and follow-up controls in regards to theoretical bookings and forecast assumptions that may leave with breaks on internal or external reconciliation
- Acting as a central point of contact for Corporate actions operations subject matters within BNP (across all functions) and outside (Custodian, Counterparties) and as an expert on Corporate Actions for client and business services.
- Ability to manage any Corporate Actions type on the overall scope of the team and to become expert on specific market rules
- Provide a regular report to his/her hierarchy and being pro-active during all recurrent meetings (morning, weekly meetings, etc.)
- By becoming more risk aware and by following the procedures or Compliance rules that are in place to mitigate operational or reputational risk
- Monitors and take appropriate actions in case of market risks (buy ins)
- By seeking to improve STP rates at our custodians so reducing cost, by updating static data as and when necessary
- By reducing the number of manual instructions sent to agents therefore reducing cost, manual intervention and settlement risk according to Compliance rules
- If necessary, using the escalation process when operational risk is detected
- Contribute to the overall successful running of the settlement department:
- By maintaining close relationships with traders and sales and escalating problems to them promptly where required
- By maintaining good working relationships with domestic agents and custodians
- By communicating with, and assisting, other operational departments where needed
- Ensuring direct Managers are kept informed of any potential problems & issues where appropriate.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Capacity to analyze, organize and report efficiently.
- Flexibility on working methods and changing international environment.
- Rigorous and reactive in order to face pressure and reach excellence anytime
- Diligently follow the set procedures and Compliance policies
- Knowledge of financial markets and products, and easiness/expertise in dealing with Excel.
- Risk aware
- Client oriented
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Result oriented
- Good communication skills
- Team spirit
- Must be fluent in English
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)