Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
- To liaise with all relevant stakeholders to full fill demand mangmnet
- Required coordination with Business, Legal, Compliance, Auditors, Senior mangmnet, APAC etc.
IT Asset Procurement
Business Line / Function:
Lead – IT asset procurement
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Position Purpose :
The role requires Buyer for IT Asset procurement for India entities, having strong Negotiation skills, Contract Management, Reporting & Tactical Sourcing. Coordinate with vendors to obtain new proposals, make commercials comparisons to meet business requirement, to provide MIS reports to senior management on the procurement initiatives undertaken.
This position is responsible for managing sourcing & procurement services. The candidate shall work closely with internal & global stakeholder’s right from request identification to fulfillment (life cycle of Procure to Pay model). This is an individual Contributor role. The Candidate shall report to IT Category Lead in India.
Candidate shall have expertise as Buyer For all IT categories, Contract Management, MIS & Reporting & preferred work experience on manage print services.
- Responsible for managing end to end sourcing of IT goods & services.
- Good knowledge of entire procurement cycle which includes procurement tools used like my Portal, SAP, GRN process, interaction with fiancé & Invoicing team for vendor payment.
- Responsible for asset /media disposal process & FAR reconciliation activity.
- Contract Management- Work with Legal and Business to draft and execute Contracts with Suppliers.
- Reporting- Expert in generating Reports, MIS & Dashboards for Senior Management.
- Audits- Coordinate on Supplier Audits and ensure Compliance to Labor law requirements are satisfactory. Also able to interact with internal & external auditors to provide relevant evidences & able to manage them independently by solving all queries on process & policies & end to end procurement.
- Stakeholder Management- Support business leadership teams across geographies by understanding their business plans & supporting sourcing strategies across multiple categories of spend, search of better deals and find profitable suppliers that add value to organization.
- Work with APAC and Global Category leads to understand best practice and implement the same.
- Negotiation skills- Consider & recommend new ways to negotiate contracts, Cost and identify new strategies for reducing cost.
- Ensure policy and processes implemented across the organization comply with procurement regulations and continuous development and improvement of the Approved Policies and Procedures, Streamline procurement process & built strong governance around it.
- Manage the procurement performance management information including risk analysis and evaluation of policy and programmer for procurement and work with “Head – IT Procurement” to influence, reshape and refocus policy as necessary.
- Manage RFQ / RFP execution and implementation.
- Familiar with all categories of IT asset procurement, mainly for :
- Telecom which includes procurement of Data Link, Dongles, lease line etc., Voice & Data plan for COCP & BYOD connections by negotiating best commercials with different service provides which results in good savings
- Responsible to manage all third party software, Regulatory & applicatin software & closely work with Global / APAc team
- On MPS in terms of different models implementation (Capex & Opex), Commercial Negotiation, Billing part, Define Scope & SLA, Termination/Penalty clauses etc.
- Datacenter, Networking, Server Storage, End user categories & other IT projects
- Provide business with robust formal impact assessments of requirements and cost benefit analysis on the likely impact on individuals, functions and providers and other stakeholders.
- Ensure rigorous follow up and communication to stakeholders on estimated delivery timelines of Product and Services.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable and other organization functions to ensure payment SLA and policies are adhered. Ensure all suppliers are paid on within the agreed timelines
Direct Responsibilities :
- Independently mange contract management & experience to handle procurement of all IT products.
- Having good communication & written & presentation skills
- Able to handle all types of internal & external Audits
- MIS & Dash boarding reporting
- Savings opportunities
Performance Measurement Criteria :
- % of expense in which India Procurement has involvement
- % of expenditure covered by regional or global contracts
- Reduction in costs (based on BNP Paribas Group’s methodology for like-for-like comparison)
- Cost avoidance versus initial supplier proposals for new contracts
- Cost avoidance versus requests by suppliers for price increases for goods and services
- Satisfaction levels of internal clients
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
Contract Governance :
- Establish and implement procedures to monitor and verify that service commitments are being met
- Actively participate in problem and incident monitoring and resolution
- Establish and implement guidelines to collect and analyze stakeholder inputs and feedback
Budget and risk management
- Actively Contribute to the budget exercise with user groups and fiancé team while enabling better demand management and Cost Centre allocation
- Support the management of team risks through KPIs, risk register, and quarterly review process ensuring compliance with best practice and the legislative framework
- Establish and implement procedures to manage risks across sourced services and service providers
- Establish and implement procedures to meet security and privacy requirements
- Establish and implement procedures to comply with applicable internal policies or standards and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Co-ordinate with compliance and legal teams to ensure statutory requirements during the sourcing / contracting process are complied with.
- Collaboration with all team members
- Continuous efforts to improve / streamline process while coordinating with relevant stakeholders
- Able to draft Policy & Process document
- Fulfil demand mangmnet
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Self-starter, motivation of self and other key partners
- Excellent interpersonal skill – can work well with all level of people
- Influencing skills - confidence and credibility to challenge local clients in different countries/Métiers/Functions at all levels (from Management to Operational levels) at the same time as developing relationships with them.
- Strong negotiation and supplier relationship management skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Knowledge on Contract mangmnet is must to coordinate with relevant stakeholders, Legal & compliance team.
- Aware about the process of KYS/ SRA & EscrowTech agreements
- Working knowledge of legal, compliance, tax and finance practices related to Procurement
- Working knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements in India
- SAP MM Module & END to END procurement process (PO to PAY)
- Collaboration with team
- Pro-actively client services oriented
- Ethical, Diplomatic
- Collaboration with team
Attention to detail and investigative and questioning nature
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Excellent written and spoken English , Hindi and local languages as applicable
- Good Knowledge of Advance Excel, MIS reporting , Able to make Presentation for management, Contract Management, and SAP MM Module fro po creation.
- Graduate with minimum of 7 years’ experience & Proven experience in managing Procurement function in Large Multinationals. Preferred IT Category experience.
A risk aware individual who preferably has experience in vendor governance/risk management
Shift Time- General Shift and includes extended working hours.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
QUALIFICATION- Graduate / Post Graduate or any other equivalent degree.
Proven experience in managing Procurement function in Large Multinationals. Preferred IT Category experience of about 7-10 years.