In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
The main objective of this role is to support the growing of the Clearing and Settlement business in HK. This position will be responsible for assisting all functions within the team from BAU for daily operations including contacting custodians for matching and settlement purposes, settlement management, and fail trade management. He/ She would be responsible to cover assigned daily and ad hoc activities, will also be acting as the contact point for the client.
Due to the expansion of the business, the position would be required to participate in various ad-hoc projects from time to time, work closely with Relationship Management team on client implementations, run UAT testing and to provide input and support to projects.
The position holder needs to be very proactive and can work independently and under pressure with minimal supervision in a multicultural environment with excellent teamwork. Meticulous and result oriented are also important for this position. Since the scope of the service covers different spectrum of activities, time management is crucial for this role.
Also, this role will be required to work with Clients, excellent communication skill with good client servicing are definitely important.
• Perform and monitor daily settlement operations including Pre-matching and manage settlement and failed trades within BNP Paribas Securities Services guidelines, market deadlines and procedures.
• Liaison with external brokers and custodians to clean up unsettled and problematical trades and minimize market buy-in risks
• Resolve all client queries in a timely manner and escalate problems in an efficient manner
• Provide guidance and support to Chennai Operations Hub for daily operations
• Work and liaise with different internal parties or external vendor (i.e. Client Services, Compliance, Risk and Relationship Manager)
• Adhere to all local market practices for CCASS and CMU
• Prepare and update Operational procedures from time to time
• To perform any ad hoc tasks assigned by manager
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Strong communication skill is essential
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Fluent in English
• Commitment, Initiative, Drive and Energy to continually improve and enhance processes
• Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; multitasking is essential
• Self-motivated, with a strong sense of initiative
• Good Team player
• Client focused
• Knowledge of TPC or Account Operator model would be a plus
• Knowledge of Participant Gateway (PG) is a plus
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Degree Holder
• Good product knowledge on equities for Hong Kong stock market, Stock Connect market, fixed income for Hong Kong bond market and Bond Connect market
• At least 3 years of experience in the Custody, Clearing and Settlement activity and hands on experience on process settlement activities
• Good Swift knowledge
• Stamp Duties Knowledge
• Master with Local market systems - CCASS (C3T) / CMU (eCMT)
• Knowledge of physical certificate handling, cross border transfer
• Working in Shifts are required, major working hours will be 9 am to 8 pm in shift which may change depends on further requirement