In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
APAC Legal, with more than 130 lawyers dedicated to CIB Global Markets, CIB Global Banking, BP2S, WM, Cardif, Asset Management, provide legal support to business lines and functions across the region in 12 countries.
The COO Office is in charge of coordinating operational and transversal matters/initiatives in APAC Legal across the region.
Within the COO Team, the mission is to :
• Act as the IT/digital expert of APAC Legal being involved in APAC Legal’s digital transformation: Automation of templates, Secure Files Sharing etc…
• Assist the COO APAC Legal in operational and transversal matters/projects/initiatives in project management mode.
• Manage and coordinate the deployment of IT tools and database systems requirements,
• Manage and coordinate, with IT Security, the IT due diligence to be done by external legal counsel within RFP
• Act as administrator of SharePoint managing the governance/maintenance/creation of new sites for APAC LEGAL,
• Assist the COO APAC Legal in digitalisation/automatisation projects, as and when required,
• Organize trainings / workshops on IT projects involving APAC LEGAL,
• Manage the publication of IT Techtips newsletter,
• Assist the COO APAC Legal in RFP with external legal counsel and all the projects related to the relationship of APAC LEGAL with the external legal counsel appointed by the Bank,
• Coordinate and assist the legal teams when reporting the major legal risks on SARA (internal reporting tool),
• Assist the COO APAC Legal in the coordination of the Permanent Control and RCSA exercises,
• Assist the COO APAC Legal in managing and monitoring regional projects/initiatives in Project Management mode,
• Assist in the production of presentation materials related to Legal in APAC,
• Build working relationship with the various legal stakeholders across Asia, Paris, London and New York
Technical and Behavioural Competencies / Specific Qualifications (if required)
• IT skills: Proficiency in Business Intelligence (Power BI…), in Excel VBA, in Access, SQL, OneNote, SharePoint….
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Ability to innovative and manage change and complexity with confidence
• Strong team player
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Act with integrity
• Intellectual curiosity, thirst for information and proactive enthusiasm for personal development
• Common sense, hardworking and well-organized
• Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
• Excellent English skills (spoken and written)