ROLE DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
The candidate will be deployed in the APAC Regional legal team of BNP Paribas Asset Management. The Hong Kong-based legal team covers the following jurisdictions: Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan. The candidate will work for and report to the Head of Legal, APAC in Hong Kong.
- Draft, review, negotiate and amend various agreements such as distribution agreements, service level agreements, confidentiality agreements, outsourcing agreements, broker terms and conditions and other non-business specific legal documentation (in relation to various areas such as HR, IT, Finance and Investments);
- Provide sound legal advice relevant to the different business lines (to the various areas such as Sales, Investments, Compliance, HR, and Management);
- Assist in the provision or coordination of company secretarial matters;
- More generally, to support senior lawyers in the APAC Regional legal team; and
- Ensure legal and regulatory watch.
- The candidate will be heavily involved in managing legal work by himself/herself, in collaboration with the other lawyers of the legal teams.
KEY INTERNAL / EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal: group legal team, management, group client group, investment team, HR, IT, Compliance etc
- External: external lawyer, company secretary service provider etc
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified lawyer in a commonwealth jurisdiction with at least 2 years post-qualification experience from an international reputable law firm and/or top tier financial institution. Relevant experience in fund/asset management will be considered as a major advantage;
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES (TECHNICAL / BEHAVIOURAL / LEADERSHIP)
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Good knowledge of APAC regulatory framework (SFC and MAS regulations);
- Self-starter and good communicator; and
- Willing to undertake administrative type of work besides
Primary Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong KongJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: LEGAL AND TAXEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 2 yearsSchedule: Full-time