In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
You will be joining the Global Market Global Prime Finance production support team provides application support services to Global Prime Finance business globally, including Security Lending, Synthetics, Prime Brokerage, Margin & Risk, Client Management and Operations. Interacting and working alongside the front office, developers, business analysts, middle office and infrastructure teams. Being at the fore front of supporting the applications the team members have high exposure to and work with the Front to Back Business teams on a daily basis within a fast paced dynamic environment.
This is a senior role responsible for leading the transformation of Prime Finance production support team in Asia Pacific. You will be working closely with the regional and global Prime Solutions & Finance leads across business, product, project management and technology teams. You are responsible for keeping the highest production stabilities and system availabilities for BNP Paribas’s internal and external users.
- Manage the application production and support team to provide IT application support service on APAC Global Market Global Prime Finance area.
- Drive platform improvement initiatives in monitoring, stability, resiliency and capacity for Global Prime Finance systems across APAC
- Follow ITIL Application Support methodology to carry out incident management and system change management procedures. Manage and track of daily production problems; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client. Report and follow through bug fixing with development team.
- Contribute to project of integration of the new Prime Solutions and Financing platform
- Lead by example. Bring up the team’s skills in both functional and technical knowledge by demonstrating competencies and subject matter expertise
- Engage actively with stakeholders including head of trading desk and technology managers
- Plan, review and execute change releases into production environment and work closely with business stakeholders, application developers, infrastructure teams and QA teams to minimize change related incidents
- Shape the target operating model for global support team with global counterparts
- Lead production governance meetings with compliance and control agenda
- Act as the main business contact for day‐to‐day technology issues / requirements for PS&F business area.
- Understand the business flow and providing expert application consultation and support to the Front Office,
- Operations and other support functions, e.g. Compliance, Finance, etc.
- Participate in key projects for expansion and development of the business to ensure seamless implementation.
- Ensure Application Production and Support team follow internal IT procedures including Incident, Change and Project Management.
- Manage appraisals, staff career progression, mobility, training, succession and backup plans.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies / Specific Qualifications (if required)
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
- Strong domain knowledge of APAC equities markets and prime brokerage business
- Ability to both manage and adapt changes and complexity with confidence
- Takes initiative, self-learner, diligent, dependable and result driven team player
- Getting things done in large organizations – understanding of where to use processes and how to build and operate a network
- Self-sufficient drive and ability to work round blockers in a sustainable manner
- Work across countries, regions and time zones with a broad range of cultures and technical capability
- Good prioritization skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and excellent problem solving abilities
- Proficient in SQL and Shell scripting
- Experienced with managing platforms in Linux and Windows environment
- Experienced with monitoring and deployment tools
- Experienced and understand Agile methodology
Qualifications and Experience
- University qualification with IT Major
- Minimum 10 years working experience in Investment Banking or Securities Trading industry with relevant exposure to development and support of Prime Finance applications